TRX-1: Can I turn FlexStep back off after programming a frequency to memory?

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
I had to add 154.5275 to one of my scanlists and it kept saving as .5250, I was able to correct it after turning on the flexstep in global settings but now it makes my range searching a bit slower. If I turn it back off will the frequency of the programmed channel remain the same or will it mess it up again?

Ubbe

To my knowledge the flexstep are only used when you enter a frequency and when doing search ranges. As long as you have managed to program a frequency correctly to the SD card it should stay put and have no relation to bandplan changes or flexstep.

/Ubbe

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
To my knowledge the flexstep are only used when you enter a frequency and when doing search ranges. As long as you have managed to program a frequency correctly to the SD card it should stay put and have no relation to bandplan changes or flexstep.

/Ubbe
Seems so thanks. I also switched my bandplan back to USA from UK and it saved the 72 MHz channel I had programmed in as well.

Switching to the UK bandplan expands the coverage to basically 25 to 512 minus FM broadcast band but you lose the 700 coverage.

Ubbe

Seems so thanks. I also switched my bandplan back to USA from UK and it saved the 72 MHz channel I had programmed in as well.

Switching to the UK bandplan expands the coverage to basically 25 to 512 minus FM broadcast band but you lose the 700 coverage.
The Whistler webpage are a mess right now but I have the different country bandplans as a pdf to look at if you need to enter some obscure frequency. Flexstep reduce the bandplan steps to half. TRX1E_TRX2E_bandplan.pdf

/Ubbe