BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Can't Enable Band Scope Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadUukha

The Uniden BCD996P2 users guide states the following on page 77:

To start Band Scope mode Hold on and channel and Circle key (function button), then 3 (Srch 3) to start Band Scope mode at the frequency you held at.

As such, I waited until my scanner landed on a channel of a conventional system with a good signal. I then:

- pressed the Hold/Resume button to Hold it. One beep
- pressed the Function Key. One beep
- pressed the 3 (Srch 3) key on the number pad. Three quick beeps

All I get is the three quick beeps. Nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

teufler

have you programmed the radio to have band scope on 3? If you use Freescan, click the scanner tab, then setup scanner options, then go to the service search tab, on the left you see search key 3, it will open and you see alll the items that can be programmed. At the bottom is what you want. Send to your radio and then it should work.

OneBadUukha

have you programmed the radio to have band scope on 3? If you use Freescan, click the scanner tab, then setup scanner options, then go to the service search tab, on the left you see search key 3, it will open and you see alll the items that can be programmed. At the bottom is what you want. Send to your radio and then it should work.

That did the trick. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.