Can't Program PSR-500 To Save My Life - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

121940kz

If this is the cable sold my Mark Dunkle on Ebay, You have to use the Win500Com version of Win500 to get his cable to work. You will need to set the serial port manually under the configuration tab.
Been there, done that for too many hours before I figured it out.
Yes it was, I played with every programming setting on win500, arc500, psredit500 and couldn't get anything to work. I returned the cable to him and then purchased the real RS cable. Hopefully that cable works right away.

Ed6698

Yes it was, I played with every programming setting on win500, arc500, psredit500 and couldn't get anything to work. I returned the cable to him and then purchased the real RS cable. Hopefully that cable works right away.

The RS cable 20-546 should work just fine with the 500. Mine works with my old Pro 95 and with my PSR 500, I have never even used the cable that came originally came with the PSR 500, I still have it in the original box the scanner came in.

121940kz

Well it ended up being the cable! I plugged in the original RS 20-546 cable into my PSR-500 and it uploaded first try no problems. For all the problems i had with Mark Dunkle's cable, i would advise others to stay away. Get the real cable and avoid jumping through hoops and thinking your scanner is broken. Thanks to all who posted, there is great information here, and hopefully this thread will help others in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.