Capitol joint command

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what talkgroup(s) and system the joint task force is using at the Virginia Capitol now? Especially the troopers. Thanks.

fredva

Feed Provider
Perhaps all comms are encrypted on a Tac talk group, since nobody has an answer. I've not heard anything in the clear regarding the Capitol off the Thornburg or Edgehill sites.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am going to lock my scanner feed on STARS tomorrow morning continuously and will concentrate on the TG's that will be in action for this event. I did hear various communication testing in the clear there on Friday.

royldean

There is also a "rally day" feed - 145.560 simplex (amateur 2m). I've been listening for the last hour and have only heard one ID, an no discussion at all.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Best listening is on the Rich/Hen/Ches supersystem. VSP is patched in somehow. From about 10-12 miles out I can barely make out a repeater on 853.0125 [156.7]. No other mutual aid conventional heard.

STARS - Interop LE 1 (6125) & Rich 3 (96?)
Supersystem - regional channels in the clear. Regionwide LE 1 (16384) has aircraft, I think. Some on LE 3.
Regionwide PS2, PS3, PS4 seem to carry most traffic on the ground. Just heard PS5 for the first time.

Had hoped to get near the area and check for comms by militia/antifa groups, but there are highway snags all over the place. VDOT reported pallets in the road as far west as MP183, which I think could either be accidental or Antifa. Am staying home in hopes of getting to work (via non-interstate) on time. VCDL buses are scheduled to leave at 2p.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
More on setup. Hearing very little on STARS. Almost everything on Rich/Hen/Ches regional groups in the clear. Can't find any STARS/Supersystem linkage thus far. Antifa likely using Twitter for comms on the ground. This would be consistent with some of their previous ops here.

PS5 may be EMS.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

W4UVV

So far it looks like Div 1 Richmond Channel 3 talkgroup 96 as possibly one or more control TGs with the P1 audio ranging from in the clear to broken and others almost going robotic for some mobile units probably HTs. Probably the Glen Allen STARS site is the closest for affiliation and some of the HTs aren't accessing it sourced to low power not making a strong enough minimum RF threshold signal for acceptable the ATD to DTA process resulting in frequent distorted audio comms. Maybe a test run should have been made to see how the HT from different location's audio would sound. Now they know. Maybe it is a form of encryption. If so it certainly doesn't sound like the DGIF encryption.

John:)
W4UVV

Last edited:

kc4jgc

Monitoring some as I'm passing through en route to Kentucky. The only traffic I'm hearing is Regionwide 1 (TG 20160) for some reason.

W4UVV

Corrections:

FYI Div 1 Richmond Channel 3 talk group 96 is affiliated with the Midlothian STARS site not the Glen Allen STARS site.

In sentence two regarding my previous post, change "some are having' to read "some are not having".

W4UVV

W4UVV

Monitoring some as I'm passing through en route to Kentucky. The only traffic I'm hearing is Regionwide 1 (TG 20160) for some reason.

Never mind. I see where Allen N4JRI has posted that STARS INTEROP LE-1 which is a separate talkgroup obviously,.and I think he is guessing the two talkgroups he posted also might be monitored via INTEROP LE-1 today. Obviously talkgroup 96 is not included. I also am monitoring VSP Div 1 with all it's talkgroups programed and as far as I know, INTEROP LE-1 hasn't been active so far today. Looks like you're out of luck.

W4UVV

freqhopping

I was on the ground there, even showed up in a national Fox News vid. I was monitoring to provide situational awareness for a large group I was with. Most of what was of interest for me was all on the county system in the clear which was great. That allowed me to know about persons of interest to LE that we could also be wary of. There really wasn't much of significance.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Heard more as I went to work. Repeater on 853.0125 [156.7] was linked to Regionwide PS4 (26816, I think) and further linked to VSP Rich_3 (96) on STARS. And yes, none of the units using RICH_3 affiliated with Glen Allen AFAIK. Didn't realize about the link until I got to southside.

Had really hoped to get down and see what kind of radio use protesters might have. Antifa appeared to be using Twitter.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I listened to the Richmond FD feed on Broadcastify for a while. Calls were being announced by a computer voice. Most calls were assigned to Tac 2. "Richmond" was the dispatcher. If anyone needs further info, all of these messages should be in the Broadcastify archive.

2 engines and 1 ladder went to an alarm.

851 am there was a call for Eng 410, Batt 2, Batt 3, Eng 12, Eng 19, Eng 407, Truck 3, Safety Officer - at 7246 Forest Hill - fireground comms were heard via the feed - (maybe Eng 410 was a mutual aid unit)

920 am Eng 202 went to a bleeding call (maybe a mutual aid unit or an extra unit)

an "inside gas leak" call got 3 Eng + 1 Ldr + Safety + 1 Batt - on Tac 3

105 pm - 2802 Hawthorne - porch fire on Tac 6 - response included Eng 16, Eng 5, E14, E17, E12, Truck 3, Truck 2, Safety 2, Batt 3, Batt 1 - "private dwelling fire" - 108 PM Eng 16 was on scene and reported the fire was out

110 pm approx - Rescue 2 went to a chest pain calls

seems that ambulances were sent to some calls also - units with 3 digit numbers iirc

iirc around 1 pm some brush units and engines were sent to the public library to stage for a public event - maybe Brush 16 or 19 and maybe Engine 16 or 19 - and other units - seems that some dispatches were repeated 15 minutes apart (see below also)

Heard one person ID as "23 Operator" - seems that was the driver of Engine 23

---------------------------------

1155 am est - "you are on the wrong channel - switch over to Public Safety 5"

brush 19 and eng 19 to assist police between e7 and e8 - on tac 2

this is an unofficial official feed - keywords - live scanner audio - openness

public library - brush 19 - engine 15 - standby at public event - timeout 1209

Last edited:

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
851 am there was a call for Eng 410, Batt 2, Batt 3, Eng 12, Eng 19, Eng 407, Truck 3, Safety Officer - at 7246 Forest Hill - fireground comms were heard via the feed - (maybe Eng 410 was a mutual aid unit)
920 am Eng 202 went to a bleeding call (maybe a mutual aid unit or an extra unit)
seems that ambulances were sent to some calls also - units with 3 digit numbers iirc

The 200 series units are from Chesterfield, 300 series from Henrico, and 400 series are Hanover. These are regionally assigned numbers.

kc4jgc

---------
Are you monitoring via Orion? STARS talkgroups are 1 to 4 numbers max. Div 1 Channel 3 TG 76 is seldom used.

W4UVV
No, as I said I was passing through, listening on the "supersystem". I had STARS activated as well. As far as Capitol activities were concerned, the only place my scanner stopped was Regionwide 1. Odd as Allen was saying other regionwide talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.