Lane County Fire

Fielder3

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
245
Reaction score
22
Location
North Willamette Valley - Oregon
Lots of question about fire channel usage in Lane County..

Who uses the "Firecom" channels 1,2,3... Eugene and Springfield only?
I also see Radio Ref data base for "Metro" used by who and for what? (the Alpha tags, and fire usage descriptions in the database are kind of strange for us who don't know geography or where Buttes are located.) where is Bear Mtn, LOOKOUT, HANSEN, WALKER and QUARRY located?

What is the dividing line between agencies using West of East channels? I-5?
East / South use East1 for dispatch and covers I5south, Hwy 58 and Hw 126 E corridors?
West 1 is Hwy 126W corridor - Lane Fire Authority

There is also numerous channels listed as "Lane" 4-14. Tac channels for ALL Fire agencies?
What are the command channels used for? I'm hearing LEABURG RPT and its medical responses.
Are the "Mohawk Valley" channels used for fire tactical or training?
As it pertains to Lane County, what is the difference between a REPEATER channel like Leaburg, and a command channel like SKINNER?
Does the Mckenzie River Corridor fire agencies get dispatched on Firecom1 then switch to LEABURG RPT? and Lane Fire Authority get dispatched on West 1 then switch to a command channel like PRAIRIE Repeater?
What dispatch channel and response channels do Creswell and Cottage Grove use? The East 1 dispatch channel? then East 2,3,4 ?

Thanks you for any clarifications.
 
Last edited:

far342

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
150
Reaction score
49
Location
Oregon
I've had some similar confusion and interest in this topic recently. From what I've been discovering, the Firecom channels are almost exclusively Eugene/Springfield. They don't appear to be specific to either town, I've heard them handle Springfield and Eugene calls on either Firecom 2 or Firecom 3. The RRDB conventional channel titled "Metro 1" is actually "Firecom 1" and is linked/patched to the one on SW7. "Metro 4" is a tac like channel i've seen used for events in Eugene/Springfield. Also keep in mind that in July, Eugene/Springfield Fire stated that they are going to eventually revert back into being two separate Fire Depts. for the two towns which may change the way they use these channels in the future.

"East 2" is mostly used by Upper-McKenzie Fire Dist. and McKenzie Fire & Rescue (yes they are two distinct fire districts. 16xx units being MFR and 28xx being UMFD) They also like sometimes sending Medics from Eugene/Springfield (ESF) to help out with calls in these areas. "East 8" is mainly MFR.

All I know about the Lane channels so far is that they seem to be for extremely rural calls.

There are also more SW7 talkgroups patched to the VHF channels that aren't yet listed on RRDB. I have a few I can submit but I was waiting to discover a few more before making a full submission. If that doesn't happen soon I'll just submit the ones I have.
 

Baker845

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
547
Reaction score
230
Location
Oregon
154.355 Firecom 1 is Dispatch for Eugene/Springfield Fire and Ems units.
154.430 Fire East Dispatches all Fire depts east of Eugene, including Cottage Grove (aka South Lane Fire)
154.995 Fire West Dispatch all West fire depts, such as Lane Fire,Santa Clara and Junction City Fire

Firecom 1,2,3 metro 4, Metro 6-7 and Merto 8 are used By Eugene/Springfield fire.
East 2,3 Lane 4 , East 8 are used by East lane fire units.
West 2,3 used by west depts West 6 Junction city Fire .
Lane 5 is used county wide, so If Coburg fire get dispatched with Lane Fire or Junction city Fire dispatch will have those units uses Lane 5
 

Fielder3

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
245
Reaction score
22
Location
North Willamette Valley - Oregon
perfect, thanks helps a lot. LEABURG, PRAIRIE , Firecom 1 and 3 are what I get the most from Salem on VHF. HANSEN BUTTE and LOOKOUT is what is evading me on Google maps. I've figured out the rest. I re-wrote my own list for all East/South channels grouped together AND West too. That helped me figure this out.

"LANE 4" BEAR MTN and "LANE 5" Coburg Ridge are what? Tac channels?
 

Fielder3

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
245
Reaction score
22
Location
North Willamette Valley - Oregon
154.355 Firecom 1 is Dispatch for Eugene/Springfield Fire and Ems units.
154.430 Fire East Dispatches all Fire depts east of Eugene, including Cottage Grove (aka South Lane Fire)
154.995 Fire West Dispatch all West fire depts, such as Lane Fire,Santa Clara and Junction City Fire

Firecom 1,2,3 metro 4, Metro 6-7 and Merto 8 are used By Eugene/Springfield fire.
East 2,3 Lane 4 , East 8 are used by East lane fire units.
West 2,3 used by west depts West 6 Junction city Fire .
Lane 5 is used county wide, so If Coburg fire get dispatched with Lane Fire or Junction city Fire dispatch will have those units uses Lane 5
Thanks you!
 

Baker845

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
547
Reaction score
230
Location
Oregon
Lane 4 is South Lane Fire working channel and Lane 5 is a countywide working channel, so you should hear from salem.
 
Top