BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Case replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP has a nice big ding in the center of the outer plastic display lens thanks to my wandering feline. He knocked it off the table where I had it. The LCD itself is fine. Radio is operationally sound. So, how do I go about fixing this problem? Can I replace the case myself by buying another one or do I HAVE to send it to Uniden repair? Anybody have any suggestions?

Manny

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that we are currently out-of-stock on the display lens, and the front case does not include that lens. I've seen some report that they've been able to re-use the lens from the old case by carefully removing it and using an xacto to cut double-sided tape to secure it into the new case.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I ordered the case prior to reading your post. No big deal. I will wait til the lens is available again. What I really need is the lens, that is where the damage is.

Manny

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to bring back an old thread but wanted to keep my question in line with the existing topic. Does the front case include replacement for the buttons? If not is there a part number or price to get those? I can tell mine are starting to wear off from the case on it.

Thanks.

lou9155

LOL your cat probably noticed you were giving your scanner more attention than it was getting. they are always watching

Tim-B

You can also remove scratches from the display lense by putting some pasty metal polish on a rag and rubbing the scratched area vigorously for several minutes. I dropped mine in an asphalt parking lot leaving a big scratch on the display. I put some metal polish on a rag (the pasty kind not liquid) and rubbed hard for a while and now you can't see the scratches any more.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
1/16" plexiglass works well too, and has the advantage of less glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.