Cass County Fair Aug 9 - 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the Cass County fair begins today and runs until Aug 13.
http://www.casscountyfair.org/index.htm

Does anyone know if they hire an outside security firm to help out or use deputies to handle this type of thing?

I would imagine they would rotate squads for BLS standby too. Might have to make a run to Weeping Water with the close call in hand to see if anything is used that's not listed already in the DB.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, dude.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this one while the fair was going on.

Whilst taking in the Nebraska Bush Pullers event a week ago tonight, I noticed 5 CCSO deputies on the east side of the track. At certain intervals, one deputy, driving a "gator"-type vehilce, would pickup one of the other deputies and take them somewhere else. Upon returning, this same vehicle would bring a deputy back to the east side of the track.

As far as EMS services, it looked like Weeping Water had two vehicles present, at least they were in close proximity to the north side of the track.

I don't think that the Cass County Fair Board has relied on anything but local services, as far as EMS and Security are concerned.

The Bush Pullers Tractor Pull is pretty sweet! Lots of really cool tractors, including a couple that employed helicopter jet engines!! That is some RAW horsepower there!

Take care!

73's

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you had fun. Thanks for the info. Yeah the one night I was near Omaha I could hear CCSO say go to the Roads Freq to use down there at the fairgrounds, and I thought it was funny as some people were in direct mode and others were going through the repeater. *sigh* When will they ever learn.

Yeah the jet engine tractors are pretty quiet too. I believe the thunder by the river is this weekend in Winslow. I've heard the ad a few times on KZ100.

W0JJK

Thunder by the River is this weekend and tonight they even pull.
That will be in Wisner. http://thunderbytheriver.com/index.html

I went to the Bush Pullers in West Point. I tried to Signal Stalk the Bush Pullers sled communications but couldn't find it in Low band, VHF, UHF or 800.

I was in Scribner for the truck pull and noticed that the Red Sled was using low band freq.

FRS was very busy at Cuming County fair.

Also fair stuff can be heard too which is interesting to me atleast.

The State Fair is probably interesting to listen to as well.

W0JJK

Status
Not open for further replies.