Cayuga county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhrrs69

Premium Subscriber
the switch over happened, county fire and sheriff are both on the new system. Looks like the channel information hasn't been submitted yet.

su39

Premium Subscriber
This it what I have found so far :
Cayuga County Primary Control Channel 460.41250
Cay Co Fire Dispatch TGID 5314
Cay Co Fire Pagers/tones TGID 5312
Cay Co Sheriff/State Police Dispatch TGID 5401

apepperoni2

This it what I have found so far :
Cayuga County Primary Control Channel 460.41250
Cay Co Fire Dispatch TGID 5314
Cay Co Fire Pagers/tones TGID 5312
Cay Co Sheriff/State Police Dispatch TGID 5401

How do you program the 5314, 5312, 5401, into you scanner. They are considered a decimal formate??

apepperoni2

My scanner is a radio shack Pro-2018. The new frequencies for cayuga county work fine in this scanner but i just dont no how to put in the decimal fortmat. How would i type it into the scanner???

su39

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is a radio shack Pro-2018. The new frequencies for cayuga county work fine in this scanner but i just dont no how to put in the decimal fortmat. How would i type it into the scanner???

I believe Radio Shack Pro-2018 is a conventional analog scanner - Cayuga County upgraded to Project 25 Phase I . You would need a digital scanner and they are expensive .
Here are some models :

Digital Police Scanner Radios and Radio Shack Pro-106 and Pro-18

Radio Shack digital scanners are made by GRE .

Last edited:

harttony1

Premium Subscriber
new talk group

I heard a new Cayuga County talk group this morning...........TG 5415, I believe it is the Cayuga County jail - deputies talking to each other with ID by last names.

Can anyone confirm or add any other new talk groups?

Thanks in advance!

harttony1

Premium Subscriber
new talk group -2

...also heard another new Cayuga County talk group this afternoon...........TG 5315, identifed as CC Fire TAC-5 by Owasco Fire Chief.

TG 5415 - Cayuga County Jail?
TG 5315 - CC Fire TAC-5

Can anyone confirm these or add any other new Cayuga County talk groups?

apepperoni2

I believe Radio Shack Pro-2018 is a conventional analog scanner - Cayuga County upgraded to Project 25 Phase I . You would need a digital scanner and they are expensive .
Here are some models :

Digital Police Scanner Radios and Radio Shack Pro-106 and Pro-18

Radio Shack digital scanners are made by GRE .

Will a uniden bearcat 9000 scanner pick up on these new project 25 channels? It says it works with trunking systems?????

jk1112

Heard some chatter on TG 5203 this morning. Couldn't tell what it was for though....

tpone234

Cayuga County new radio system

The newspaper stated they would start using the new system at the end of October . I spoke to a member of a local fire dept and he stated they will start using the new system around November 12th 2012 .
As of December the new radio system for cayuga county is up. Nothing is being done on low band anymore. The city of Auburn Fire and police have been up since July. If someone could do some research for new frequencies that would be great. Seems no one has the frequencencies for any of their commonly used TAC channels. Their dispatch freq. is 453.41250 but thats all you will hear, because all other communications go to their TAC channel 4 for regular calls, and then a different channel would be assigned for more serious calls. Seems that conveinently no one can come up with the frequencies for all the TAC channels. TAC 9, 10, 11 are off network channels. If someone could come up with this info, that would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
As of December the new radio system for cayuga county is up. Nothing is being done on low band anymore. The city of Auburn Fire and police have been up since July. If someone could do some research for new frequencies that would be great. Seems no one has the frequencencies for any of their commonly used TAC channels. Their dispatch freq. is 453.41250 but thats all you will hear, because all other communications go to their TAC channel 4 for regular calls, and then a different channel would be assigned for more serious calls. Seems that conveinently no one can come up with the frequencies for all the TAC channels. TAC 9, 10, 11 are off network channels. If someone could come up with this info, that would be great. Thanks!

What TAC channels are you referring to?

TAC 4 through 8 are part of the trunked system and those talkgroups are listed under the CNYICC system. TAC 9 through 11 are conventional frequencies and are listed on the Cayuga County page.

k2hz

Database Admin
Is Cayuga County Highway on the trunked system or are they remaining on VHF?

Are the Cayuga Law Enforcement VHF frequencies now deprecated? I have heard nothing on 151.4525 since the cutover.

tpone234

Cayuga County

What TAC channels are you referring to?

TAC 4 through 8 are part of the trunked system and those talkgroups are listed under the CNYICC system. TAC 9 through 11 are conventional frequencies and are listed on the Cayuga County page.

So this wont work on a regular UHF two-way or a regular Scanner then?/ I appologizze in advance for being so ignorant.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So this wont work on a regular UHF two-way or a regular Scanner then?/ I appologizze in advance for being so ignorant.

No need to apologize, you're not being ignorant. You asked a question and we're here to help you figure it out.

You're going to need a digital scanner in order to properly track the CNYICC system.

Central New York Interoperable Communications Consortium (CNYICC) Network Trunking System

Here's a list of current scanner models that are compatible with that system:

Uniden
BCD396XT (handheld)
BCD996XT (base/mobile)
HomePatrol-1

GRE
PSR-500 (handheld)
PSR-600 (base/mobile)
PSR-800 (handheld)

Radio Shack
PRO-106 (handheld)
PRO-197 (base/mobile)