Cayuga county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Off-Network channels

tpone234, all of the off-network channels are under the WQNZ796 license. Not sure what PL tone is being used... onondaga's off-networks are using 156.7 and oswego county's are using 100.0 PL The database has some of these already posted, but no PL

Plug these in and note what you hear and what PL.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Don't bother with the 458 and 465 frequencies. They are obviously repeater inputs.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Don't bother with the 458 and 465 frequencies. They are obviously repeater inputs.

For a guy who calls himself a "Forensic Scannist", that's some pretty bad advice, and it couldn't be more wrong. In fact, there is nothing "obvious" about it. Had you looked at the license you would've noted that the only obvious thing is that all of those frequencies are licensed as mobiles. In other words, they've licensed all the frequencies for low-power, simplex usage...not repeaters/inputs. :roll:

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQNZ796 - CAYUGA COUNTY 911 COMMUNICATIONS

D

DaveNF2G

Probably to dodge some Canadian coordination issues. I bet at least some of those frequencies will be used non-mobile.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
For a guy who calls himself a "Forensic Scannist", that's some pretty bad advice, and it couldn't be more wrong. In fact, there is nothing "obvious" about it. Had you looked at the license you would've noted that the only obvious thing is that all of those frequencies are licensed as mobiles. In other words, they've licensed all the frequencies for low-power, simplex usage...not repeaters/inputs. :roll:

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQNZ796 - CAYUGA COUNTY 911 COMMUNICATIONS

I think dave is right in that for most part 458/465 are input to repeaters in the 453/460/464 output range.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I think dave is right in that for most part 458/465 are input to repeaters in the 453/460/464 output range.

That's assuming UHF repeaters are being licensed in the first place, then yes, the inputs are generally +5 MHz. The point here is that the county licensed all of those UHF frequencies as mobile-only, low power simplex, not repeaters. There is no indication or evidence that they intend to circumvent the FCC by operating unlicensed repeaters on those frequencies. The advice Dave gave to "ignore" the 458 and 465 frequencies, given the fact that they are licensed not as repeater pairs but as simplex, was bad advice.

Bottom line: Until someone figures out exactly what the frequencies are being used for, monitor them all, including the so-called "repeater inputs" on 458 and 465. You never know what you might come across.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Once again, Cayuga, Madison, Onondaga, and Oswego ALL have newer licenses for UHF LOW POWER frequencies being used for "off-network" communications. so, if you are listening in Cayuga co., please DO bother to listen in to those frequencies posted above. these are all simplex; not used for inputs to repeaters. short range communications, being used for fire police, training, on-secene ops, and more. even the 458/465 frequencies.

as an example, oswego is using 465.4875 (100.0) as EMS Talk 6, 465.5125 (100.0) as EMS Talk 7.

if anyone in cayuga and madison co. can get PL's on the off-network channels and add them to the database, that would be great

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Vague Submission said:
Cayuga County

5319 E.M.S.

Can someone please confirm that 5319 is an EMS talkgroup, and please let me know exactly what type of "E.M.S." talkgroup it actually is? Dispatch? Response? Operations? On-Scene Tac? MCI? Chit chat?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Here's the follow up I got from the same submitter:

Cayuga County

5319 E.M.S. Tac Ambulance to Hospital

So, is it EMS Tac or EMS to Hospital? Those are two pretty distinct uses of a talkgroup.

Someone up there please chime in, I'm getting tired of chasing down this guy's vague submissions. :roll:

D

DaveNF2G

Local nomenclature might not be compatible with RRDB's labeling conventions. It is possible that the users call the talkgroup EMS Tac and use it for EMS to hospital communications. I am only speculating, however.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Local nomenclature might not be compatible with RRDB's labeling conventions. It is possible that the users call the talkgroup EMS Tac and use it for EMS to hospital communications. I am only speculating, however.

That's a bit of a stretch. I have never, in all my time working in Fire/EMS, heard anyone refer to a H.E.A.R. frequency or EMS-to-Hospital talkgroup as "EMS Tac".

In any case, it's a moot point. Someone was good enough to send me a PM clarifying the exact usage of the talkgroup.

D

DaveNF2G

Actually, I have never heard anyone refer to any channel as "EMS Tac." :)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
We were referring to some of our channels as "Tac" over 20 years ago when I was working in EMS. If you're trying to suggest that "EMS Tac" is some RR concoction and that terminology isn't used in the real world, you would be incorrect. But, this discussion is straying way off-topic here, so let's drop it. My question about the poor submission was addressed by someone who actually knows what he is talking about when it comes to this system, no speculation or conjecture required.

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Could you please have that someone who knows submit the groups for Cayuga County and the City of Auburn this would help Greatly with the ID Search.

Thanks Bill

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Actually, I have never heard anyone refer to any channel as "EMS Tac." :)

I think that is sorta incorrect. In Onondaga we have "TAC8" that is an EMS TAC Channel. Many of us refer to it on the radio as EMS TAC 8. I believe Oswego opted for "OPS" channels vs TAC to differentiate between onondaga and oswego systems. Hence the reason our fire radios are "FG7" vs TAC7.

I had heard rumor Cayuga was going to use tac channels.

D

DaveNF2G

I guess I should post disclaimers with every message nowadays.

I have never heard the expression "EMS Tac" over the air. But, I have not monitored every single transmission ever made on any radio system, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.