CB Chatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwitherspoon

I gotta ask.....what's stopping you?

Nothing. I just have to schedule the test online and take it. I guess one small caveat is space. A one bedroom apartment in the city isn’t very accommodating when it comes to items so I rotate things in and out as my hobbies change.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I don’t have a CB rig anymore. I used to have a Cobra 148 NW ST with an 18 foot Antron 99 antenna on the roof, but I sold all that stuff long ago. I tuned to ch 17 this past week on my Icom R75, which is a receiver only.
I've had my Galaxy DASDX2547 in storage for a while with a lot of other scanners and SW gear but I find the ICOM R75 does a decent job on 11 m. ;)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Was there any activity? CB activity is almost non existent in my area, North Macomb County, Michigan.
Same here in Bristol PA which at one time was a very busy area. Channel 19 is quieter than Channel 9 used to be. Love to see a solar cycle and some nice healthy skip

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
It seems all I’m getting these days is static! Why even bother building in a squelch or RF gain knob? Haha. Either way you won’t hear anyone!
I don’t know guess there something wrong here it’s Saturday night at 8:55 pm and the super bowl ch 6 is full throttle went to 38 LSB and still can hear the southern stations talking guess the atmosphere is different on the east coast !

Dwitherspoon

I don’t know guess there something wrong here it’s Saturday night at 8:55 pm and the super bowl ch 6 is full throttle went to 38 LSB and still can hear the southern stations talking guess the atmosphere is different on the east coast !

Sideband is completely dead in the Portland area. I was trying to find anyone on those channels for about a week and a half. I gave up and stay on AM. No one on channel 6 around here. 17 has some traffic earlier in the day. I’ve found after 6:00 it drops off to almost nothing, or nothing. It’s all on the edge of what I can hear.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Sideband is completely dead in the Portland area. I was trying to find anyone on those channels for about a week and a half. I gave up and stay on AM. No one on channel 6 around here. 17 has some traffic earlier in the day. I’ve found after 6:00 it drops off to almost nothing, or nothing. It’s all on the edge of what I can hear.

Tons of chatter right now on Ch 17 (AM) @ 12:40 pm PST. Most are S5 or better, some are 20 over S9. At least six guys on the air.

Dwitherspoon

Tons of chatter right now on Ch 17 (AM) @ 12:40 pm PST. Most are S5 or better, some are 20 over S9. At least six guys on the air.

Sparkle would you do me a huge favor? At 5:00 PM I’m going to be on 17 and I’ll key up a few times would you tell me if you hear me?Where abouts in the south west do you live for reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.