CC 855.2375 in Lander Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_D

Hi all,

I recently picked up a control channel, 855.2375 in Lander County. Nothing in RR or FCC DBs jive with this; only a statewide FCC license for mobile frequencies, WNZB253. Any ideas what's going on here?

Dave

Dave_D

I'm not, but thanks for asking. I was driving Rte 50 from Reno to Ely when my scanner's "Close Call" picked up the CC. I've mapped most of the NSRS into my GPS-enabled BCT15 and occassionally have an opportunity to scan for updates while driving about the state.

Dave_D

spanner said:
Do you have that file in a google earth format?

I'm afraid not. I tried mapping the sites in Google Earth but lost interest upon discovering that point/radius mapping is only available in the Pro version ($400/yr). In line with RR, I wanted to map by application boundaries (e.g., county or precinct), not by tower and range. To do this, you really need to be able to drop circles onto the map, move 'em around and resize as necessary. I tried this with GIFs to indicate a 30-mile circle, for example, but it was a nightmare. It'd be easier to create a web applet with the Google Maps API, as RR has apparently done.

Status
Not open for further replies.