CC Only Required ? (BCD 436)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Using Sentinel, am I correct that I don't have to worry about TalkGroups, etc. when I enter frequencies,
and that all that is required is to enter the CC only ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Using Sentinel, am I correct that I don't have to worry about TalkGroups, etc. when I enter frequencies,
and that all that is required is to enter the CC only ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

You got the Talk Groups and Frequencies backwards. The Control Channel is a frequency. You just need the CC frequency entered in. You do need the Talk Groups entered in if you want to ID Scan them. If you just want to ID Search the system then you don't need to enter in the Talk Groups.

ecps92

As (for the OP) said in a previous thread, unless you want to look up who the TG is each time it pops-up, it would be best to enter those you want, this also keeps out the ones you don't want to hear
You got the Talk Groups and Frequencies backwards. The Control Channel is a frequency. You just need the CC frequency entered in. You do need the Talk Groups entered in if you want to ID Scan them. If you just want to ID Search the system then you don't need to enter in the Talk Groups.

Ubbe

I would absolutly recommend to have ID search on for all systems and then lockout the TG's that are non-interesting.

That way you will always monitor new TG's that might be unknown and seldom used like emergency/crisis TG.
Only filter on the TG's you want to monitor will need someone else to discover new TG's and report to the RR database.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.