CDF Command 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer_415

Database Admin
The LNU Lightning Complex is now using CDF Command 12, Tone 13 (Berryessa Peak) and Tone 14 (Atlas Peak). Are these portable repeaters? I thought Command 12 was only used by TCU (see thread below).

Paysonscanner

The LNU Lightning Complex is now using CDF Command 12, Tone 13 (Berryessa Peak) and Tone 14 (Atlas Peak). Are these portable repeaters? I thought Command 12 was only used by TCU (see thread below).

I have some old information that shows all the commands, prior to CMD 11 & 12 being in the mix, with permanent repeater installations. Command 3 is assigned to the Southern California Units, Command 4 to the north and then all the way to Command 10 up on the units that border Oregon. I don't have access to the last 2-3 years of official Cal Fire radio plans so I can't answer your question right now. I think Command 11 is still being used for portable repeaters. In my 40 years of living in Cal Fire country I never heard them use other than permanent repeaters.

N6ML

Is there a CAL FIRE radio plan newer than ver 05.11.01 (2011) floating around anywhere? FireScope MACS guidelines includes newer channels (e.g. MMU Local 2), but doesn't have the details like which CAL FIRE channels are used in which units. It does confirm that CMD 11 is used portable, though.

officer_415

Database Admin
I think it was a mistake in the IAP (CDF C12 instead of NIFC C12). They made a similar mistake (CDF C8 instead of NIFC C8) on a later version.

Status
Not open for further replies.