CDOT Worker Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Watkins: I-70 & MM-300 C/G for a semi vs CDOT worker accident, BFD unit 911 req immediate C/G, L/G 72 will be landing on FERN.

Sable also enroute to assist.

O/F 123.075, 154.250, 154.280, DTRS, Online

Jim<

Last edited:

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
I am picking it up on DTRS hearing Denver CSP talking to CDOT worker 02504 i just heard them say they are gonna fly him to swedish and for another CDOT worker to pick up his wife and take her to swedish hospital I am picking all this up in Rocky Ford Colorado :) with my 2096 and its origanal small antenna LOL

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Bennett U/D: L/G-72 off-scene headed to Swedish 50's male multiple fx's but awake and alert with stable vital signs, requesting a level 1 activation upon arrival.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
WATKINS - A Colorado Department of Transportation worker was airlifted to Swedish Medical Center after he was hit by a semi truck while picking up trash on the side of the road.

CDOT says the worker was injured while working on westbound I-70, about four miles east of Watkins at around 11:30 a.m. on Monday.

CDOT says the worker is in critical condition and underwent surgery Monday afternoon.

The Colorado State Patrol says the man was with another worker and both were visibile by a driver far in advance.

State Patrol says the man was actually getting back into his truck when the semi hit him.

CDOT has not released his name but says he works out of the Bennett CDOT office.

"Any time we have any workers that get injured it any sort of way on the job it's always very upsetting, very disheartening," said CDOT spokesperson Bob Wilson.

The driver of the semi truck was from Kansas and making a delivery to a warehouse in Aurora.

In August, a CDOT worker was killed while working in southern Colorado when he was hit by a semi truck.

Last edited:
Assault with deadly force, a felony, has been pursued by law enforcement in Colorado in one other case I know, involving a vehicle against construction workers along a highway. Likely it is intent and condition of driver which drives these charges, a really bad hair day for the driver, not to mention the victim...Dave

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
This was not a pretty call at all. Sable-Altura was requested to help with the roll-over accident between Watkins and Airpark that Ambulance 99, Engine 91, Cmd 91, Att 92, and Att 94 were orginally en route to, and A99 came upon the scene of the auto-ped just as it was being dispatched. As bad as the workers injuries today, he was a very lucky man to be struck by a semi going 70+ mph and not get killed instantly. Very surprising to find him AEOx3 upon arrival. CSP and adams county shut down I-70 for the chopper to land, and kept it shut for about 1 hour while they conducted their investigation, which ended at about 5pm today.

funcritter

fairrpe86 said:
AEO?? I have heard AAO but never AEO. Is it the same thing?

What is AAO and AEO? I hate reading these threads because there are too many abbreviations that I have no idea what they are. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
CDOT worker hit?
icon12.gif
icon12.gif
icon12.gif
???

icon9.gif

icon10.gif

People going to damn fast! Construction workers etc are always killed!

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
fairrpe86 said:
AEO?? I have heard AAO but never AEO. Is it the same thing?

Think he meant AAOx3

AAOx3 - AAOx3 awake alert and oriented x 3 (to person place and time).

But EMS is using this description less and less because it's confusing and more importantly really does not do a good job of describing the patients actually mental status.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.