CDTA Phase 2 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any updates on this system? There was a older thread that is no longer active. Database only has a couple talk groups.

I Have the following talk groups:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 17, 18, 19, and 20. Was getting 16 which is encrypted
TG 5 - Route 905
TG 17 - Dispatcher 1?
TG 18 - Star Route?

And I think TG 19 is encrypted too. Trying to confirm any and all new info!

Thanks!

Dexter2

From what I gathered here's an update.

Originally TG's were assigned by UID's thus TG 1-5, now they are open channels (voice fallback mode).
14 is now an open channel, used to be STAR
15 is another supervisor encrypted
16 is the supervisor encrypted as mentioned
17 Dispatcher 1
18 STAR channels (Dispatcher 2) though 12 is also used still sometimes (last year something happened on the original 12 channel drivers could hear dispatchers but dispatchers could not respond, so operations were switched to 14, it must have been resolved because main traffic is 18, with 12 being a backup
19 Dispatcher 3
20 Dispatcher 4
28, 40, 41, 43, 46, and 47 are all open channels that are used to for testing (new buses getting newly installed radios or simply radio tests done by IT)

Never heard and have no info for TG 6-11,21-27,29-39,42,44,45. I'm not sure if they exist or how high the groups even go.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. So these "open channels" are also talk group ID's. Trying to confirm things to update the active talk groups in the RR database.

Dexter2

From my own lack of fully understanding, I would say yes. As an example, TGID 5 used to be for the Route 905 buses and 60ft bendable buses only. Now that everything is mainstreamed to the Dispatch 1, 2, 3, and 4 talkgroups, if a dispatcher has to make a system-wide announcement sometimes they will use TGID 5 as its now "open".

Do you still have your log file from before or do you still keep log the TGIDS?

Dexter2

I just happened to notice in Sentinel, there is no Band Plan for the Wilton site. I've never received anything on that site but does that make a difference at all?

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I thought Id try to answer your previous question. I have no logs really. I have what's in my radios and Their corresponding software. Ill try a couple of those numbers and see what I get. Im hesitant to open up the "TG Monitor" on the G5 since that would bring in the encrypted TG's too.

Dexter2

I thought Id try to answer your previous question. I have no logs really. I have what's in my radios and Their corresponding software. Ill try a couple of those numbers and see what I get. Im hesitant to open up the "TG Monitor" on the G5 since that would bring in the encrypted TG's too.

I just began logging on ProScan. I looked at the screenshot from before. Do you know why your RSSI is in the 300-400's and mine are around -40/-45 with the highest being a -113?

Status
Not open for further replies.