• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CE59 and VX-4204

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
One of my clients has a VX-4204 mobile in his EMS fly car. I have the software and cable and am able to read and write to the radio just fine. I was able to add new channels and modify existing ones as needed; frequency and pl changes, alpha tag, and so on. But what I can not find is how to change the sequence of the channels. For example, if I enter a new channel, say 16, but want to move it up to 8, how do I do that? I've tried all kinds of key presses and F keys with zero results.

I suspect this is something simple, but there's nothing in the help file that I can find on this and programming manuals don't seem to want to be found on google searches.

PACNWDude

Vertex VX-4200 Programming.

The only way I have seen this work, is to cut an paste info from one line to another. You may have to insert or make another line as a place holder to move channel info around also.

For my Vertex VX-4207 with FW 2.17, this is what I do.

Click on the channel number on the left. Then go up to "Edit" and "copy". Next you select the channel number on the left and "Paste" to the line you want it on.

It will give you the warning shown in the picture, and overwrite what was there before.

In the first picture it shows Ch 6 gray and I had pasted it to slot 1. Then I selected Ch 10 to do another cut and paste.

It may be different on newer software, I had hoped that Motorola would have influenced the Vertex software by now.

Attachments

• CE59.JPG
    CE59.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 1,101
  • CE592.JPG
    CE592.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,015

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The only way I have seen this work, is to cut an paste info from one line to another. You may have to insert or make another line as a place holder to move channel info around also.

For my Vertex VX-4207 with FW 2.17, this is what I do.

Click on the channel number on the left. Then go up to "Edit" and "copy". Next you select the channel number on the left and "Paste" to the line you want it on.

It will give you the warning shown in the picture, and overwrite what was there before.

In the first picture it shows Ch 6 gray and I had pasted it to slot 1. Then I selected Ch 10 to do another cut and paste.

It may be different on newer software, I had hoped that Motorola would have influenced the Vertex software by now.
OK, thanks for the reply. It's cumbersome, but I guess it will have to do for now. I only have the one Vertex radio to deal with so I'll get along as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.