Cellular jammer user causes interference to local PD Radio System...

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to create technology that renders homemade weapons useless in prisons. But that won't happen.

One problem is the prison employees that help or allow cell phones to be brought into prisons. No other laws are going to solve the problem. The only solution that is 100% is to make cell phones non-functional in prisons. The only valid reasons I can come up with for people to dislike this approach, is that they are part of the problem or afraid the technology will interfere with their radios.

One way that could be done (they made me do it when i went to Italy with my folks, and again when we came back) would be to comfiscate the battery temporarily, then after the visit/appointment/work is done return it to the person from whom it was confiscated, all thingies being equal, this would fix the problem (untill the innmate found a way around that one too). N9NRA

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
...unless they have a back up battery as a contingency?
N9ZAS.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
20 Governors Support Prison Cell Phone Jamming Bill

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - Twenty governors have signed a letter to support legislation in Congress to allow states to jam contraband cell phones in prisons.

The bill has been approved by a Senate committee, and a full Senate vote could come this fall.

The supporting governors are from Maryland, South Dakota, West Virginia, South Carolina, Kansas, Oregon, Kentucky, North Dakota, Mississippi, Iowa, Nevada, Utah, Louisiana, Illinois, Alabama, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut, California and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Full story: http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/20-governors-support-prison-cell-phone-jamming-bill/342928/Sep-10-2009_11-22-am/

Lt51506

The only way to render "home-made" weapons useless in a prison setting, is simply this:

1. Remove the hands and/or arms of those incarcerated (ACLU will eat you for breakfast)
2. Loose the prison clothing...everyone naked (LOL, the psycological impact is funny as hell)
3. Force every prisoner to abide by either of the two above mandates.
4. Failure to decide between #1 and #2 will result in a trip to the "pig farm".
5. You don't want to go to the "pig farm".

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
When this cell phone jamming topic came up several years ago I mentioned that a federal database could be utilized in conjunction with the phone's GPS. If an establishment, i.e. a theater does not want cell phones being used, the cell phone would be rendered useless by querying the database through the control channel or some other fashion. Of course 911 stays uninhibited. Now with the new C-block spectrum opening, those devices will do exactly this. Sense so many were concerned with the c-block spectrum frequencies interfering with wireless mics and all this rot.

Commonsense to me. :)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
About those lawyers. :lol:

If it was me I would simply respond to the allegation like this: " We have a cell phone jammer in our offices?! Your kidding me! I mean after all, we know that is illegal" .:twisted:

It's a good thing they are a criminal defense lawyers. :lol:

Last edited:

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
And untill they find a way to render cellphones useless without interferring with 911 access or police radios, ya probably won`t see cellphone jamming devices legally in this country for a long while. I have read articles in the local papers around here from time to time about some person that got a jammer online and went on and used it, most of the time these aren`t found out (someone has to be brave enough to turn in the person using the jammer, and that`s not likely to happen anytime soon), so IMHO untill that little thingy is worked out, jammers won`t be appearing here in our near feuture (legally, that is). N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hey N_Jay, i just sent ya a pm with some thoughts on this cellphone jammer thingy. Have a look and pm me back, i`ll be curious to know what you think of what i told ya. Thanx! N9NRA

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

About the prisoners; i think we should just turn the whole ceiling of the jail into a LARGE electro-magnet, im not 100% sure this would effect the phones, anybody? if its strong enough, i would believe it would render then useless, like an EMP burst. However, the major advantage is: it would get rid of all metal that isnt anchored down. lol. thoughts?

MeddleMan

C'mon, guys...

Aren't we a little off topic? Cell Phone jamming- Why? Will they understand that Cell Phones are digital now? Maybe MDPD is an Analog system? Do the jammers mess up Digital phones too?

Status
Not open for further replies.