CENLA LWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5KYP

In Avoyelles, there are two (LWIN) tower sites. One listed as Avoyelles, the other listed as Vick.
Neither one listed as "Simulcast" however, 25% of my audio (Grecom PSR-500) is really garbled, sounds like talking under water...
I do not know exactly what simulcast sounds like but I think this is what I am hearing.

Anyone here from CENLA?

Here is a link to a short video. Maybe someone can tell me if this is what is called "Simulcast" audio. Scanner Audio

Thanks!
W5KYP

Technoguy58

TG 48006 used to be in the DB. Lots of stuff is being deleted from DB for some reason. They'll say it isn't but I've seen it already. Anyway, 48006 is one of the city LE t.g.s that are encrypted. That is what you are hearing.

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
Based on what I have been catching, TG 48006 thru at least 48018 are encrypted. I am assuming that they are Alex PD. However, I have caught 48006 in the clear, but it is rare.

W5KYP

Since it appears that you are scanning with a Wildcard, you will get this on any encrypted talk group that is not locked out.

Using the wildcard was only to capture the audio.
If you notice, "all agencies" that is a group I will scan when looking for new TG's
Cheers!

fredva

Feed Provider
Definitely encryption on an older scanner that doesn't mute it. My suggestion would be to try making a scan list with only talk groups that you know are not encrypted. These will be ones in the database that don't have a mode ending in "E" or "e", as in DE or De. Scan that scan list only and see what the audio sounds like then.

When garbling occurs as a result of simulcast, you can usually pick up a few words here and there during a transmission. The audio often alternates between understandable voice and noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.