Changes to Abilene System

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy64

Our radio shop is in the process of programming radios for the change over from EDACS to P25 phase II
Fire and police could make the change as soon as the end of this week.

I will try and get more info and post when i can.

Ed
KG5UN
Abilene, TX

KE7JHC

Confirmed. Here is what I have from Unitrunker. I programmed a P25 system with the same Abilene frequencies that are currently in the database and Unitrunker immediately caught on:

APCO P25
ID: 92466-00A
Site: 010-010
Control: 00-0376 (855.7125)
Callsign: WPFQ263
Channel Access: P2
LRA: 10

So far APD dispatch is on talkgroup 30273, however they are also still heard on the EDACS ProVoice system.

Edited to add that it appears APD and AFD are the only ones using P25 Phase 2 at this time.

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Nice find! I will get this system started up so the submissions can begin coming in, with credit to KE7JHC

KE7JHC

And it looks like Abilene Fire is dispatching on talkgroup 30529. Those are the only two talkgroups that are currently in the clear. Everything else is showing up as "secure" P 4 in the service column of Unitrunker.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
It is now live on the database and can be submitted to for any additional frequencies, modes or talkgroups. One thing, just double check the WACN of 92466 since that is already in the database as Chester County PA. I realize that with it being in the rollout phase that this could be changed.

nd5y

Interesting.
1. The WACN-SYSID 92466-00A is the same as Chester Co, PA. I wonder if Harris duplicates those or if one is wrong.

2. Maybe you guys are lucky and all the TGIDs will be the same as the EDACS system with 30 (or 3 for four digit IDs) added. That's what they did here and some other systems.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
As for the talkgroups, it looks like it is going to be a direct decimal conversion from EDACS to P25 by adding "30" to the front of the EDACS decimal number. As you observe activity on unitrunker associated with unit IDs that are common to PD, FD, etc, please submit that there is activity and we can add them to the database so long as they are active, even if ENC.

KE7JHC

It is now live on the database and can be submitted to for any additional frequencies, modes or talkgroups. One thing, just double check the WACN of 92466 since that is already in the database as Chester County PA. I realize that with it being in the rollout phase that this could be changed.

85742Untitled.jpg

KE7JHC

Using the analyze function on the Pro-106 that is feeding Unitrunker, I get N014, however I'm unsure if this is the NAC code for this system. This was the only thing I brought to work today, so I may have limited info. I'll dig a lot deeper when I get home.

KeithJoseph

Still working on my amateur radio callsign.
Yes The nac is 014. I haven't heard anything on the new phase 2 system yet but I'm seeing them IDs popping up left and right

Status
Not open for further replies.