Charles County to broadcast a lookout for Santa Claus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
I guess this means we don't have to worry about CCSO encrypting communications anytime soon. Lifted from their Facebook page:
Here comes Santa Claus -- and the CCSO is on the lookout! Gather your little ones around your police scanners this Christmas Eve as our Police Communications personnel broadcast a lookout for Santa and his flying reindeer once they make their way into Charles County. If you don’t have a scanner, you can log onto www.radioreference.com and listen to the lookout broadcast by Charles County Fire and EMS. All Santa broadcasts are usually dispatched at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., circumstances permitting. Merry Christmas!

Confuzzled

Detroit used to do this every year back in the 70s. I don't know if they still do.

They'd do it as a BOL.

smartboy06

Premium Subscriber
In Detroit, they still do it. The Wayne County Sheriff usually takes the lead. The big difference now is that now it's done on MPSCS talkgroups (I believe on STATW2, which is basically the metro Detroit digital equivalent to 155.370). They may patch it to 155.370 or another agency may "rebroadcast" Wayne County's BOL on other channels. But they definitely still do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.