Charlotte Scanner/Shortwave Meeting Rollcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This thread is for the purpose of trying to get a basic idea of how many people will be at the 1st Monthly Charlotte Scanner/Shortwave Radio Group Meeting tomorrow night. Details for the meeting are:

Tomorrow Night. Friday January 15th, 2010.

5:30pm until whenever.

Big Thanks to Trumpetman for helping get a venue together.

Thanks also to Jeff Multer for the following directions:

It's at North Tryon and Eastway.

You might want to take 485 around the north side, then Hwy 49 south until it runs into Hwy 29 / North Tryon Street.

I guess Eastway is down about a mile ... Tryon House sits on the far left corner. It's probably easiest to make a left at the light, then a right into the lot.

For folks coming south on I-85, it's probably easiest to get off at the W.T. Harris exit (exit 45A ?), and go east to Hwy 29 / North Tryon, and turn right.

For folks coming north on I-85, it's probably easiest to get off at the Sugar Creek Road exit, and turn right. Go down to Hwy 29 / North Tryon, and make a left. The restaurant will be on your right.

Folks coming south on I-77 might want to get off at the W.T. Harris exit, and go east. Cross over I-85, continue to Hwy 29 / North Tryon Street, and turn right.

For those with GPS, or if you need additional information:

Tryon House Restaurant
130 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28213

704-598-2611

Original Thread can be found HERE.
I will be in attendance.
Hope to see you there!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

kg4pbd

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. I'll look forward to hearing about it though!

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
I am still tentative until I can determine whether or not I can get some things shored up tomorrow. I really hope I can attend.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I will be leaving the Raleigh area around 1-2pm to head down to the meeting spot. Hope to see a good number there tonight!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Bill28227

It was a nice first meeting. Good to meet all of you. I hope the next meeting will bring out more of us. Thank you Marshall for coming down our way and showing us the goodies you had in the bag.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Great to have met everyone!
I am hopeful that with time the Charlotte area will
have just as big of a scanner group as the one here
in the Triangle area!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

trumpetman

Database Admin
Ya know Marshall, I think with a lil time, we big city folks could out-do your numbers up there in Raleigh, but we'll just have to wait and see. Glad you made it down and back safely and I know I wasn't the only one that enjoyed the Trunk88 demo. (I also got the serial connection to work today without tweaking anything else.... weird?).
I figure the next step is for people to start keeping an eye on their calendar and start thinking about an agreeable time to meet up, maybe see if the friday meeting works or if we wanna try something else.

Thanks again folks, and I'm glad we could finally get this ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.