Cherokee County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonc001

Hello....I am new here and just got a scanner. Can you provide some info to me so I can add the Cherokee County trunking to my scanner.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
As mentioned above, LE, Fire & EMS are fully encrypted and cannot be monitored PERIOD! What make & model scanner did you pick up? Hope you have monitoring interests outside of emergency services (aviation, rail, amateur radio, etc)

Casey

I know you want to listen to Cherokee and assuming you are in the county obviously you won't hear any local action but there are other agencies that are regularly broadcast on the Cherokee cell I have consistently verified when I have visited up there (some agencies you will hear on their documented talk groups and some are dynamically assigned using the ISSI patches and you'll just have to guess those but it's not that difficult)...do a wildcard listen and make sure your scanner has encryption skipped and you will hear some action elsewhere in the metro if you are trying to realize some value in your recent scanner purchase.

Chaser98

So are ALL Cherokee County law enforcement on P25 encrypted now? At first I thought this was only gonna be for the sheriff's office, but after I stopped hearing transmissions from Holly Spring's PD analog frequency, I began to wonder. The last time I saw a Holly Springs officer, they had these new looking Motorola radios that I've never seen them with before. In the past, I've seen them with these beat up looking icom radios with a lapel mic that didn't seem to really work (I've seen a couple HSPD officers actually take the radio off their belt and talked into it despite the mic on their shoulder).

I have also noticed I'm not getting anything from Canton PD's NXDN channels anymore. Perhaps they joined in too?

I wonder if the rest (Woodstock, Ball Ground, Nelson) have converted as well.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
All Cherokee talk groups for law and fire are 100 percent strapped encrypted. This includes Woodstock, Canton, Holly Springs, Cherokee SO and Cherokee fire. You can thank the "Facebook stalker" groups who felt it necessary to retweet/repeat EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of EVERY SINGLE CALL in real time for this.
The Canton NXDN system is no more. They've all migrated to the Cobb Regional Radio System and are encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.