Chicago police encription

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Any idea as to Encryption for everyday dispatch for Chicago PD

Is there plans in the works to block the public from monitoring their communications

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Don't worry everyone. By encrypting the CPD radio traffic any and all gang related shootings will stop and be a thing of the past. And no officer will ever be injured again.

VE3RADIO

Nawww...why would they do something like that? Maybe because some gang banger driving around doing a drive-by while listening to CPD Zone 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSzzCHNfns

As you can see by the news.. it did not help him in the end.. he still ended up in jail.. Despite him having a radio on CPD dispatch.. he is still a retard and no radio can change the fact that he is a retard.. that is why he is in jail today.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
As you can see by the news.. it did not help him in the end.. he still ended up in jail.. Despite him having a radio on CPD dispatch.. he is still a retard and no radio can change the fact that he is a retard.. that is why he is in jail today.

I'm aware of the end result, but what many don't know who aren't monitoring Chicago on a daily basis is they are having many "rogue radio" transmissions, etc. This just adds fuel to the fire. Keep in mind too, this radio system has been around for decades. We have UHF-T systems that will have to be replaced within 10 years too, so look for some changes to occur.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Any idea as to Encryption for everyday dispatch for Chicago PD

Is there plans in the works to block the public from monitoring their communications
Recently, the OEMC in Chicago obtained three licenses for a P25 800 MHz trunked system that will be used to provide comms for all city agencies (including Police and Fire). As of now, I have no info as to whether or not ENC will be used...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.