Choosing a Scanner for Dodge County

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynned04

I'm looking to purchase a scanner to listen to Fremont police and fire, along with Dodge County sheriff if possible. I've looked at the frequency charts and tried to compare them to scanners for sale, but I'm just not understanding it. I can't figure out what type of scanner to buy (trunked, non-trunked, digital, analog, etc.).

If someone could give me the frequencies and the scanners they use that work in the area that would be great. I'm most interested in the frequencies that SquierStrat uses on his Fremont Police and Fire channel provided on Broadcastify. Along with maybe some scanner recommendations.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

krd400

You can go to: Dodge County, Nebraska (NE) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference (this is the Radioreference web site for Dodge County) and view all the frequencies that can be entered into a scanner for the county sheriff and Fremont Police and Fire. I'm pretty sure these are the same frequencies SquierStrat uses. It appears that all the frequencies are analog non-trunked. That means you should be able to use just about any scanner ever made to listen to the agencies you mentioned. And I doubt that Fremont or Dodge County is going to switch to digital and/or trunked in the near future.

So as for what scanner I would recommend? I would look into buying a used analog scanner. That way you have a much smaller investment to lose if the day ever comes that Fremont changes to digital. I have a Radio Shack Pro-2008 analog scanner in excellent condition that I never use any more and would pick up the Fremont agencies. I would be willing to let it go if the price is right. Please let me know if you're interested.

Otherwise you could make a much larger investment and get one of the latest models of Uniden or Radio Shack scanners if you want to be prepared for the future or if you want to listen to Omaha's police, fire, etc. which is almost all digital P25 trunked. If you live right in Fremont you should be able to pick up Omaha. You did not mention if you are looking for a base or handheld model? I hope this information helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.