Choppy Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGW_999

Hi, I got a Pro-97, I listen most to police\fire. My problem is most of it is very choppy. Like all during the transmission parts are cut out. Ill only hear 3 of the 4 numbers in the address there at and so forth. It's very annoying. I notice the screen flickers every time it cuts out. Is this normal? Or is there some type of interference going on ?. The 800mghz trunked systems come in perfectely clear. What can I do to improve reception, if anything..

Better Antenna, filter . pre-amp, hmm,
Let me know if you had the same problem or similar, and how you fixed it

Thanks
Mike

MB

Feed Provider
What do you mean by screen flickering?

You may have to try an external antenna. Sounds like a reception problem.

DickH

MGW_999 said:
Hi, I got a Pro-97, I listen most to police\fire. My problem is most of it is very choppy. Like all during the transmission parts are cut out. Ill only hear 3 of the 4 numbers in the address there at and so forth. It's very annoying. I notice the screen flickers every time it cuts out. Is this normal? Or is there some type of interference going on ?. The 800mghz trunked systems come in perfectely clear. What can I do to improve reception, if anything..

Better Antenna, filter . pre-amp, hmm,
Let me know if you had the same problem or similar, and how you fixed it

Thanks
Mike

Sounds like Priority is on.

MGW_999

Thank you Dick, that was it. wow, I know it scans priority every 2 sec, didnt know it would chop the heck out of everything, thank you so much. I don't recall it saying anything in the manual about that.

Mike

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
That's why I personally never have Priority set. For me, it's annoying for me more than it is helpful. Glad you got it rolling smoother now.

Status
Not open for further replies.