Christian County Highlandville

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else in the Christian County area get a lot of scanner hits on 155.8125 "Christian County Highlandville City Operations" but there is no traffic? I hate to lock it out since there is some law enforcement/EMS traffic but it seems like it stops from scanning a lot of other traffic. It happens on both my 436HP and my SDS200.

wtp

can you set a radio up to try and get a PL tone ?
and that means for the LE and EMS and whatever else is using it ?
and can the squelch help on this ?

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
Squelch didn't help, it almost acts like pressing hold. Occasionally it drops and goes back to scanning. It is mirrored by other channels in the system as well so it is avoidable. I was just curious if others experienced it as well.

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
Dead air. I have one scanner set directly on hold for it and the other on avoid to see what is or isn't on that channel. I will dig into those options after I read up on them. New to scanning.

KA0KDW

155.8125 is a Frequency on the Christian county capacity plus system it is on the Ozark site. Or site number one that is likely why you’re getting blips is because in the database under Highlandville and marks it as a conventional channel. Therefore, you’re getting the rest channel blips that’s a capacity plus system recognizes. So if you haven’t already, you will need the DMR upgrade for that scanner.

I’d be surprised if Highlandville city government still uses that frequency

simpledesign

Premium Subscriber
I have the DMR upgrade, what I found watching it through the day is it "mirrors" Nixa. Police Dispatch and Christian County 911 Nixa dispatch location. It occasionally mirrored "Ozark" Some things the SDS200 misses scanning all Christian County Channel frequencies while leaving my 436HP on just the "Highlandville" channel. The Highlandville picked up smaller places like Billings.

KA0KDW

I’d say you would likely need to remove all of that as conventional. And only have it entered as a trunk system. Most likely none of that is used as conventional or even is set up in a conventional matter anymore.