CI-V interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't know if anyone is looking for one of these; but I just came across this and thought I might throw it out there if anyone needed it...

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Many years ago, about 2002, I bought a Yaesu VX-2, a tiny 2m handheld. I found a neat programme called "VX-2 Commander" by Jim Mitchell which required an interface from a computer Com port to a four-conductor jack into the radio. A bit of hunting and I found a constructional article on how to build one and it worked very well - the programme and the interface. A couple of years ago I found an Icom R7000 on our local web auction and again found a programme to talk to it - also called "Commander" but author unknown. A quick bit of soldering fitted a 2 conductor plug for the R7000 and would you beleive - the same interface for the VX-2 works for the R7000! ...and
-yes, it does work through a USB to Comport adapter! Photos and the original pdf attached.

DSC_2244 crop sml.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_2243 crop sml.jpg
    DSC_2243 crop sml.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Interface.pdf
    419.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Martin, I suspect this is the program you used?

Mike

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I looked up the schematic of the Icom CT-17 (it is in the manual). It is just a MAX232 with a power supply. The TTL TX and RX pins are connected together and go through a simple low-pass filter to the tip connection of the four mono 3.5mm jacks.

73 Eric

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I looked up the schematic of the Icom CT-17 (it is in the manual). It is just a MAX232 with a power supply. The TTL TX and RX pins are connected together and go through a simple low-pass filter to the tip connection of the four mono 3.5mm jacks.

73 Eric
(old post but just came across it and remembered I had the CT-17 CV-I)
Running Icom IC-R7000 with added Voice Synthesizer board (picked up decades ago from a local Surplus Store and fixed it).

View attachment 98439
View attachment 98440
Those appear to be 3.5mm TRS jacks, with the tips isolated. (Unless the leads are laid out differently than I am used to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.