Civil Air Patrol Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwgelle

Hello, just looking for more info on the frequencies/repeaters the Civil Air Patrol uses in MN.
I know Hutchinson has a CAP radio as it shares the same location as a ham repeater that has a Input Freq of 147.975/147.375. Going by the links below I feel it is on 148.125mhz. So thats only 0.150 mhz in separation. Between the two. Just wondering if the ham repeater or CAP repeater will get interference being so close in frequencies. I'm not hearing much other than very occational digital data that I have not been able to catch yet. I am assuming its P25. (Been listening with a digital scanner set up for p25)

I found these web links: Civil Air Patrol - The RadioReference Wiki
& Civil Air Patrol Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

So just wondering if anyone has anymore information.

Thanks
Dan-KC0CAP

ecps92

148.1250 - 147.9750 is far enough separation if the owner of the site has done the proper isolation work.
Don't assume the Antenna is shared, or at the same height as the other

Depending on the CAP Wing/Squadron they may be using P25 but all of the existing Repeaters a "Dual" aka Mixed Mode, meaning they can do P25 and Analog

Also re-check the Wiki, many more MN sites have been added

Hello, just looking for more info on the frequencies/repeaters the Civil Air Patrol uses in MN.
I know Hutchinson has a CAP radio as it shares the same location as a ham repeater that has a Input Freq of 147.975/147.375. Going by the links below I feel it is on 148.125mhz. So thats only 0.150 mhz in separation. Between the two. Just wondering if the ham repeater or CAP repeater will get interference being so close in frequencies. I'm not hearing much other than very occational digital data that I have not been able to catch yet. I am assuming its P25. (Been listening with a digital scanner set up for p25)

I found these web links: Civil Air Patrol - The RadioReference Wiki
& Civil Air Patrol Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

So just wondering if anyone has anymore information.

Thanks
Dan-KC0CAP

dwgelle

148.1250 - 147.9750 is far enough separation if the owner of the site has done the proper isolation work.
Don't assume the Antenna is shared, or at the same height as the other

Depending on the CAP Wing/Squadron they may be using P25 but all of the existing Repeaters a "Dual" aka Mixed Mode, meaning they can do P25 and Analog

Also re-check the Wiki, many more MN sites have been added
Thank you Bill, They are on separate antennas at the same height. We do not know what the set up is to the CAP repeater. It is just a 6 ft tall radio cabinet. But the Ham repeater has a Decible DB-4062 6 can duplexer that is capable of 0.300 of separation.

ecps92

based on mr google it is
148.1250 R / 143.5500 in
103.5 and $40B

Duplexers are used by the repeater itself, I think you are confusing a Repeaters RX/TX Duplexer with isolation, which may or may not be needed based on who is running the site [owner/manager] or the CAP COMM who coordinated the install [hopefully to IEEE Specs :)
Thank you Bill, They are on separate antennas at the same height. We do not know what the set up is to the CAP repeater. It is just a 6 ft tall radio cabinet. But the Ham repeater has a Decible DB-4062 6 can duplexer that is capable of 0.300 of separation.

ecps92

Greenville maybe a typo in translating some info shared long ago
a little more research seems to point this one to be Maple Grove [MGRV] where we saw GRV listed in the past [FOUO Doc's] are Greenville :)

Sometimes decoding these docs can be troublesome, especially only being a Tourist and not knowing the HOOD :)

Thank you. I'm curious where the Greenville one is, I am unable to find a city or airport in MN yet.

ecps92

CAP has always been on "MIL" frequency allocations as a child of the USAF

As to P25 they have had that capability for many years now, use varies by Mission, Wing, Squadron, Personal Radio vs Corporate Radios etc
CAP is switching to P25 and are using Military frequencies

RIVER_5

ÆS LØVER
use varies by Mission, Wing, Squadron, Personal Radio vs Corporate Radios etc
^This^

We don't use P25 on every single mission. Sometimes ground teams will use analog and air will be P25 and vice versa.

It comes down to the communications officer in charge of that specific mission and what they have selected.

nd5y

Wouldn't digital transmission wipe out any analog transmission?
Two stations transmitting at the same time can cause interference. It doesn't make any difference if they are digital or analog.
A single radio can't transmit analog FM and P25 digital at the same time.
Thought P25 had assigned digital frequencies.
There is no such thing as a digital or analog frequency.
The mode(s) assigned to the user depends who authorized them to use the frequency and the user's requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.