Clackamas county vhf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Dose any one know if clackamas county Fire Vhf freqs are linked into 800mhz system and are they simlpex or do they have tx and rx freqs?

Thank you

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Baker845 said:
Dose any one know if clackamas county Fire Vhf freqs are linked into 800mhz system and are they simlpex or do they have tx and rx freqs?

Thank you

If I remember correctly, they are simplex. (I could be wrong.)

However, F2 and F4 have a crosslink into the Trunked system, or at least did.

The transceiver for F2 is (was) in Molalla and the transceiver for F4 is (was) on Polivka Hill.

hth.

joe

mh34444

Baker845 said:

Maybe I'm answering my own question, but can someone explain the simplex system to me? I monitor Clackamas county on the VHF side and get coverage throughout the county and well into Multnomah and Marion county. I thought simplex was a short range system and bypassed towers, if it were simplex, wouldn't I experience gaps in coverage?

DickH

mh34444 said:
Maybe I'm answering my own question, but can someone explain the simplex system to me? I monitor Clackamas county on the VHF side and get coverage throughout the county and well into Multnomah and Marion county. I thought simplex was a short range system and bypassed towers, if it were simplex, wouldn't I experience gaps in coverage?

I think you might be confusing VHF and Simplex. You're right about Simplex. It is simply a single freq. used for both transmit and receive, usually short range. For example, when Portland has a fire in a downtown building and is having trouble communicating, they will switch to Simplex 3 or 4 (or 1 or 2). Then the radios talk directly to each other, rather than going all the way up to Council Crest or another Simulcast site. And you can't hear them at BOEC either.
The Clackamas county VHF freqs. go through repeaters, that's why you hear them so well.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.