Cleveland antenna farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I was driving near Cleveland a few weeks ago and noticed this antenna farm near the intersection of I-271 and I-77. It looks like private property. The lat/long is N41 13,55.5 W81 35,15.8 Any idea what it is? Looks really expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KK4TTR

I was driving near Cleveland a few weeks ago and noticed this antenna farm near the intersection of I-271 and I-77. It looks like private property. The lat/long is N41 13,55.5 W81 35,15.8 Any idea what it is? Looks really expensive!

What antenna farm?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Holy smoke! I knew that Paul was "rich" but this is amazing. In this screen cap from Google's Street View (viewed from Goosefeather Pond Road), you can see four of his tallest towers (the other three are nearer his house and hidden by the trees on the right).

If you zoom in closely between the two leftmost towers, you can see at least four "shorter towers" just to the right of the big tree.

I note that the view(s) from Major Road (north of his house) are fuzzed out, and that there is a huge gap in the camera car's coverage. This despite the trees hiding most everything anyway! :)

I can't even imagine just how much the cabling cost, never mind the towers and antennas! :confused:

w5CDR.jpg

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
That's not home, that's an estate and a half... Love to see photos of the shack. It looks like a freestanding home for the shack.
This is the only photo he has on his qrz.com page. I imagine that this is only a very small part of his shack!
w5DzF.jpg

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I was on I-271 and saw the towers and thought it might be a government monitoring station or something!

Status
Not open for further replies.