Clickable Maps Cities test

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

I'm beginning the rollout of putting city maps on the clickable state/county maps... Texas was first... comments? questions?

Once I get past some of the testing etc I'll then start to phase it into other states... however it will take some time because I have to manually set up the points on each state page. :(

Highpockets

blantonl said:
Folks,

I'm beginning the rollout of putting city maps on the clickable state/county maps... Texas was first... comments? questions?

Once I get past some of the testing etc I'll then start to phase it into other states... however it will take some time because I have to manually set up the points on each state page. :(

Looks like a great feature, is it just to show what county the city is in, or if you click on it, will it take you to another map? Right now you can only see where the city is, not clickable.

caffman263

That's great! I was actually looking for info on Dallas/Ft. Worth the other day, and couldn't find it because I had no idea which one of the 9163434286 counties of TX it is in :lol:

I know it's going to take time to roll out nationwide, but it's a great idea and will be very helpful.

BuiltonAsus

Updates?

Just checking to see if there were any more states with major cities posted. I love the feature, and hope to see all 50 states sometime soon.

jon_k

If you click Tarrant County the cities within the county (Fort Worth, Bedford, Euless, etc) are not clickable. (The red dots at least.)

I'm assuming the feature was removed for now.

KC0QNB

Is this going to be kml/kmz files when you are done? Someone did something similar for ham repeaters in Nebraska when you mouse over a point the data will popup showing the frequencies pl tones etc.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The city points are not clickable - they are just for reference.

Because these are flash maps I have to manually create each point for each state. It is going to take some time.

Thanks!

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Good addition Lindsay! This will be especially helpful for programming the scanner for traveling to other states. Thanks for your work on this!

BuiltonAsus

Hey I just noticed new state maps with city/county placements. It's looking great, and helps out a ton when searching major cities in unknown counties. One of the best map updates I think!!! Keep'em coming Lindsay.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
This feature is great! It's much easier to build a programming file for a vacation or trip now (meaning I don't have to go find maps of other states or unfold a Texas map). Thanks Lindsay, I was wondering when theother states were going to get this, I noticed ours has been around awhile... thanks again.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure I've completed all the states - I had to manually create all the points - but it looks like we are there.

Let me know if anyone sees any problems... thanks!!

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure I've completed all the states - I had to manually create all the points - but it looks like we are there.

Let me know if anyone sees any problems... thanks!!

Just a question. I do think it looks great. I wonder if you could use something like google earth make the maps zoom and be able to zoom in on the Small towns and such and access data in that manner? That would be sweet and it would add a interactive point to the map feature. And you would have the added bonus of like where some places have a transmitter radius being able to zoom and see that radius on the map?

Just a random thought that came out of what your doing... Looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.