Clinton radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Motorola APX series, 6K's, and 8K's from what I heard last. I think they beat JPD in replacing the old XTS's etc. I believe all of Hinds County is rolling the APX's now.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And eventually the agencies that can afford it will move to the newest next gen in that series. The APXNEXT, which has no keypad any more, instead has a big touch screen, and fully integrates P25 LMR and LTE together in one unit.

Hammerguy69

I doubt it with the current on those at around $11,000.00. Even on state contract they will be higher than any other radio. Go to make then cheaper than that for Mississippi agencies to be able to afford them.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it with the current on those at around $11,000.00. Even on state contract they will be higher than any other radio. Go to make then cheaper than that for Mississippi agencies to be able to afford them.
It will happen the same way they made everyone move to the current gen of P25 gear. Discontinue whats now (XTS series etc...), and force change via firmware and fusion of FirstNET. Its still a long way off, as in the "Eventually"...

Status
Not open for further replies.