BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Clock Issue

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
So I sent my 436 in for repair a few weeks ago, set the clock when I got it back. I bought this scanner when it first came out so I already had the RTC issue fixed. Just a quick question…if I remember correctly one had to leave the scanner on for a certain amount of time to charge the internal battery so the clock kept time. The scanner has been off without batteries a couple weels and the clock needed reset. Does anyone remember how long the radio needed to be left on connected to power? Thanks much

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Cool, thanks. I figure either it’s a new battery the radio came back looking brand new, or the battery’s out of juice. Thanks, Dave

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I just found something from Paul and its leave the scanner on for 50 hours

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the on is a requirement but I don't remember it needing to be connected to power.
That is true... But it takes 50 hours to fully charge the clock battery... Then the batterys in the scanner will keep it topped off as you use
your scanner... You only get a little less than a week of run time for the the clock battery if your scanner is not turned on and used...

tvengr

Well Known Member
Yes, the on is a requirement but I don't remember it needing to be connected to power.
The scanner battery will not last for 50 hours to fully charge the battery. I believe that the RTC battery will charge from the scanner battery as long as the scanner is on.