Uniden BCD396T Batteries Die...Slow Drain?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Well....my scanner is on 3.02.02 so it's up to date,
It couldn't hurt to reload the firmware. If the firmware is corrupted, part of the scanner could be remaining on when you turn it off. There isn't much chance of that, but it is worth a try. There is a far greater chance of a defective component. There is probably a series power switching transistor. If the power is not switching off completely or if the transistor has leakage, that could account for the battery drain.

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
It couldn't hurt to reload the firmware. If the firmware is corrupted, part of the scanner could be remaining on when you turn it off. There isn't much chance of that, but it is worth a try. There is a far greater chance of a defective component. There is probably a series power switching transistor. If the power is not switching off completely or if the transistor has leakage, that could account for the battery drain.
Thanks for the suggestion or reloading the FW....good idea!
It's not much of a problem as I've put up with it for over 10 years I was just hoping there was something found out and there was a resolution....
Oh well.....
Thanks for everyone's help!

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
the only thing I'm not sure of is if the FW updates were done in succession
Doesnt matter, your up to date, 3.02.02 is the latest and LAST EVER FW for it.

Redoing FW, Ive never seen, nor read doing so, fixes anything AFAIK.

Last edited:

dmfalk

Doesnt matter, your up to date, 3.02.02 is the latest and LAST EVER FW for it.

Redoing FW, Ive never seen, nor read doing so, fixes anything AFAIK.
A fresh firmware reinstall might clean up any corruption of the currently-installed firmware. This might solve the problem.