BCT15X: Close Call is driving me crazy tuning everything in WFM Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

empireco

Hope someone can help me here, everytime my BCT15X detects and auto stores a frequency it finds, it always tunes it and stores it in WFM mode instead of the appropriate modulation as set in the band defaults. Even when it detects an aircraft transmitting nearby in the civillian aircraft band it still detects and stores in WFM mode instead of AM, it's driving me nuts.

I've read through the "easier to understand" manual and done everything I can think of but it still does it.

wtp

go to the easy to read manual and look for band defaults and how to change them.
you or someone else might have changed them.
set them to auto.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
turn the close call off its turned on somehow. consult the owners manual for further instructions on hoiw to change the close call setting.

ot0tot

Premium Subscriber
Airband should be 8.33khz step size and AM modulation by default. I'd also disable close call for VHF Low 2 (Band 2).

To Edit Close Call Options press MENU. Scroll to 'Close Call' and press E/.
Scroll to the options below and press E/. Press Scan/Srch to return to scanning when done with editing.
Set CC Bands lets you select the Close Call bands to be searched or auto stored.
Scroll to 'Set CC Bands' and press E/
scroll.gif
Scroll to each band and press E/
scroll.gif
to toggle on or off.
Press MENU to return.
VHF Low 1-Band 1- 25-54MHzVHF High2-Band 5- 225-320 MHz
VHF Low 2-Band 2- 54-108 MHzUHF-Band 6- 320-512 MHz
Air Band-Band 3- 108-137 MHz800MHz+-Band 7- 758-960, 1240-1300 MHz
VHF High1-Band 4- 137-225 MHz

To Edit Settings press MENU. Scroll to 'Settings' and press E.
Scroll to the settings and options below (in Blue) and press E

Band Defaults basically, this setting allows you change the 'Auto' values you can select while programming frequencies, searches, etc. to whatever you feel 'Auto' should be for each band (vs. the radio defaults). Since all of the step and modulation settings default to 'Auto', this allows you to skip those settings when programming. Note: This setting has no effect on service searches.

Scroll to the band you wish to edit and press E. Refer to Auto Step Size chart to help find the bands in the menu.

At 'Set Modulation' scroll to AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB (Broadcast) and press E to save and exit.
At 'Set Step' scroll to Auto, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz and press E to save and exit.

Scroll to any other bands you wish to edit and repeat. Press MENU to return.

Ubbe

Go into the scanners menu and choose the Srch/CloseCall Opt submenu. The Set Modulation should be set to Auto to be able to follow the bandplan setting for the correct modulation type for each frequency band.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

Go into the scanners menu and choose the Srch/CloseCall Opt submenu. The Set Modulation should be set to Auto
My mistake. They removed that option in the X model as it was not a useful function. So one less thing that could be wrong. Check that bandplan are set properly by entering the closecall frequency that ends up as WFM by manual entering it by hold+frequency+hold and see what the modulation type are displayed as. If it's WFM then the bandplan setting needs to be edited in the Settings menu.

/Ubbe

empireco

My mistake. They removed that option in the X model as it was not a useful function. So one less thing that could be wrong. Check that bandplan are set properly by entering the closecall frequency that ends up as WFM by manual entering it by hold+frequency+hold and see what the modulation type are displayed as. If it's WFM then the bandplan setting needs to be edited in the Settings menu.

/Ubbe
Now that is interesting. I did as you said, press hold-enter frequency-press hold again. Yours is the only solution that seemed could be worth checking out mentioned so far except the posters who told me to do what I've already done.
The frequency I entered is 122.800 which should obviously be AM, instead it shows up WFM...

I'm stumped because under the band defaults under settings that frequncy range is defaulted to AM and 8.33 KHz deviation.
I've already checked and rechecked and there is NO band in my default band plan set to WFM mode.

How in the world is close call getting that freq as WFM?

I may have just fixed the problem. the WFM under the frequency was flashing so I pressed function then 9 (Modulation) and changed it to AM.

I just tried to reenter that frequency and this time it shows up as AM under it and not flashing.

Also tried hold plus other aircraft freqs then hold again and they all show up AM.

Also entered a 153 MHz freq in that same manner and it shows up as NFM, EXCELLENT!

I'll report back as soon as another close call hits and let you know if it's fixed now.

Thanks for the help, I've a feeling that you have solved this thanks!

empireco

Wow THANKS! That fixed it!

Don't know how going under settings wouldn't but me changing that flashing WFM in the quick search mode to auto fixed it!

Ubbe

My guess would be that the old BCT15 setting of forced modulation type in search/closecall, which overrides the bandplan, where somehow moved to Fn+9 in BCT15X as that button has a totally different function in BCT15.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.