cohose ny changed freqs or database issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2WVO

ok i am using the butel software to program my whistler.
i can load albany county fire for i think watervliet , GI and cohose. havent listen a lot just got scanner.
issue is with the pd side. i use the download area in butel and i pick county cell and the 3 pd's cohose gi and vliet. nothing.. i do get some noise. like its a hair off freq. its clear digi voice. p25 voice. but not clear at all..

yes this scnner does p25. i have other p25 systems in and it is fine pickin them up..
so wondering is there
1 issues with the freq info in the database on here? or the group id i think there called. like 11940 < example only..
any ideas would be great thank you..

tvengr

Well Known Member
The 3 PD talkgroups 11943, 11953, and 11983 for Cohoes, Green Island, and Watervliet are all encrypted, which means that you will be unable to hear them. If you look at those talkgroups in the Radio Reference database, the mode says DE. D means digital. The upper case E means fully encrypted.

KB2WVO

The 3 PD talkgroups 11943, 11953, and 11983 for Cohoes, Green Island, and Watervliet are all encrypted, which means that you will be unable to hear them. If you look at those talkgroups in the Radio Reference database, the mode says DE. D means digital. The upper case E means fully encrypted.
ty for info. stupid me not reading all the info. lol .. late nites again lol

so i have to use the software on computer dsd and unitrunker and a dongle to decode it. i remember it worked fine on there.
i know when i used the dongle i was also able to block out the other FD systems and only listen to gi , cohose ,vliet. seems that has changed. here i thought i got a good deal for 50 bucks.. lol guess i didnt .. whistler 1065. grrrrrr..... anyone want it lol ..

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Forget your dsd, Unitrunker, and dongle. You cannot decode encrypted transmissions with any receiver or other application. The talkgroups most likely were encrypted since the last time you monitored them. Only the agencies using the system are able to and allowed to decode it. Otherwise, it is unlawful to receive encrypted transmissions. You got a good deal for 50 bucks. Police for Cohoes, Green Island, and Watervliet are dispatched on County Law 2, which you will be able to hear. There is a lot to listen to on the Albany Co system. I use ARC500 and do my own custom programming. If you would like, I would be very happy to do a file for you. Do you use your 1065 as a desktop or mobile?

Last edited:

KB2WVO

Forget your dsd, Unitrunker, and dongle. You cannot decode encrypted transmissions with any receiver or other application. The talkgroups most likely were encrypted since the last time you monitored them. Only the agencies using the system are able to and allowed to decode it. Otherwise, it is unlawful to receive encrypted transmissions. You got a good deal for 50 bucks. Police for Cohoes, Green Island, and Watervliet are dispatched on County Law 2, which you will be able to hear. There is a lot to listen to on the Albany Co system. I use ARC500 and do my own custom programming. If you would like, I would be very happy to do a file for you. Do you use your 1065 as a desktop or mobile?
lol.. burns my butt they did this without asking me 1st lol ... darn them lol
ty on the list . i did save the setup that was in it.. i think the guy just hit 2 countys here and downed everything for them lol ..
i have to sit and figure out who i want in there.. i listen to fire most times. vliet , cohose , green island pretty lame citys i can say that i live in one of them lol ... so pd isnt or wasnt like a top list thing . would have been nice tho lol .. motorola is not a nice player in the game thats for sure. lol

i can still get there fd and troy fd/pd renns county vol FD. so on ... albany city fire ..
so not all bad..
i have to figure out who i want to listen to but thank you for offer.. coffee or fav bev your way ..
the part that sucks is ... back then i could turn off the other FD on one system and listen to only the citys i wanted. i think they changed it up.
i dont know yet.. i really dont need to listen to albany county but thats where vliet ,cohose and green island fire are. along with county fire/ems.'
i dont know the id for the 2 citys along.. unable to find them .. grrrr i had them somewhere but i think that drive kicked the bucket lol

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Cohoes, GI, W’t are dispatched in the clear on AC Law 2, which is on the METRO cell, not the county cell.
The dispatch is in the clear, only their TAC is encrypted.
Their fires are on Fire 2, also on the METRO cell.

KB2WVO

Cohoes, GI, W’t are dispatched in the clear on AC Law 2, which is on the METRO cell, not the county cell.
The dispatch is in the clear, only their TAC is encrypted.
Their fires are on Fire 2, also on the METRO cell.
so your sayin ? i have to load the whole metro and just listen for them ? theres no way to turn off all the other stuff on it.. like on unitrunker. on it you can lock out who u dont want. as i dont see the ID for the main channel.. for fd or pd. seems the database is setup for all open.
can msg me if your not wanting to gi ve away trade secrets lol ..

no i open that listen. shows county law 1 and 2 lol ... i was reading it as county law 1 n 2 as the cell sites.. 1 2 n 3 .. mmmmmmm loaded lets see what i hear lol

BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM dude i owe u big big big coffeeee u the man

tvengr

Well Known Member
Thanks Thunderknight. Do you know what talkgroups the Cohoes and County Cell sites are used for? What all is on the Metro Cell? KB2WVO, you can set up scan lists so that you can control what you listen to. That is why I do my own programming.

Last edited:

KB2WVO

Thanks Thunderknight. Do you know what talkgroups the Cohoes and County Cell sites are used for? KB2WVO, you can set up scan lists so that you can control what you listen to. That is why I do my own programming.
iam not sure how the system is setup.. i come from dsd uni. lock out TG you dont want as they showed up.. it was ok for one cell. no multi cell scan on uni.. at the time i had it .
would be cool to have only the TG i want..
ok lost the fire mmmm must have loaded wrong grrr.. send pd for ems call. fd hasnt been heard yet

tvengr

Well Known Member
In ARC500, if you enter the control channel and alternate frequencies for all 3 sites and set the system multi-site to stationary, it will scan all 3 sites. You can set up scan lists for each agency on the Albany Co system and listen to each one separately or combined by turning the scan lists on and off using the keypad on the scanner. System type should be set to P25 Auto.

KB2WVO

ok iam new to this style scanning... again i come from unitrunker/dsd. i put in the control in uni. it would spit out all users IDs. as you go along listening. you locked out what u didnt want... as in ID lock out not freq lock out like old days.. iam sure you know all this...
now below the ID is per channel if you will on right side of image.. i might not be reading it right or understanding.. but am i to say this.
lets use 10702 in right list. 10702 is ONLY.. say troy ny pd only ?? so its sort of same as uni/dsd. just a diff format ?

but i find no list whos ID is whos. where is on DSD/UNI i had IDs show up.. i could write them down and know off hand who to lock n not lock out...

tho i say this.... so far.... FD/PD cohose , GI , Vliet is all i been hearing and thats fine for now as i havent built list yet ... in testing to confirm iam half right on what iam doing lol ..

also not sure i did but ..
tvengr
i thank you for the offer for build list.. and i know it would be so much easier.. lol .. but i wont be able to learn if i dont do it ... tho you helped a lot so far.. hell i got the fd and pd working. so half way there..

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please verify that you have ARC500. I am going ahead and create my own file that you can open with ARC500 and then upload to your scanner. It should have everything that you want. Once that is done, you will be able to look at all of the settings and data in ARC500 so that you will have an idea how to do your own programming.

D

DaveNF2G

LAW2 is on both cells. FIRE2 is primarily on the County cell because it mainly covers the Hill Towns.

KB2WVO

Please verify that you have ARC500. I am going ahead and create my own file that you can open with ARC500 and then upload to your scanner. It should have everything that you want. Once that is done, you will be able to look at all of the settings and data in ARC500 so that you will have an idea how to do your own programming.
arc 500 1.18 B1

KB2WVO

LAW2 is on both cells. FIRE2 is primarily on the County cell because it mainly covers the Hill Towns.
theres the old guy lol ... how been dave.. havent seen u since like 2014ish field day for tara .. lol

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the completed file for you to try. After opening the file with ARC500, click on Global Settings and ScanLists. That will give you the numbers and contents of the scan lists. Using your scanner keypad, you can toggle scan lists 1-10 on and off by pressing the numbers 1-0. For scan lists 11-20, press FUNC and then 1-0.

Save the zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and upload to your scanner.

Attachments

• Albany Co NY.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 6

KB2WVO

Here is the completed file for you to try. After opening the file with ARC500, click on Global Settings and ScanLists. That will give you the numbers and contents of the scan lists. Using your scanner keypad, you can toggle scan lists 1-10 on and off by pressing the numbers 1-0. For scan lists 11-20, press FUNC and then 1-0.

Save the zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and upload to your scanner.
ty for file.. i think i got what is goin on. i will add this to my list as iam workin on county across river from me also. seems easy enough now iam gettin hang of it. they have conv and edacs and i think ltr lol .. gotta love it lol ..

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hope that helped you out. Were you able to hear everything? Glad to see that you are figuring out how to program. If you have any questions, I am here to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.