SDS100/SDS200: Colder temps freezing part of keyboard

NS9710

I am playing around with my SDS100, and I noticed when running the AC, and such, the 1,4,7, No/Priority, and Avoid keys stop responding, but once the temperatures warm up, the buttons return to being able to respond normally, is there any way to counter this issue without needing to send it in for repairs at Uniden?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Is the a/c blowing directly on the scanner? Are there icicles forming on/around the scanner?

The only way I see this being an issue is if the scanner and the air surrounding it are very hot and humid and then cool air causing condensation inside the scanner.

NS9710

None of that, but the case gets a tad cooled off and then the buttons go non-responsive

Is the a/c blowing directly on the scanner? Are there icicles forming on/around the scanner?

The only way I see this being an issue is if the scanner and the air surrounding it are very hot and humid and then cool air causing condensation inside the scanner.

NS9710

I also want to add to the factors, that the SDS has never had any liquids subjected to it, and I always took extreme care not to allow any moisture of any sort to get into or onto the scanner. Thus my confusion why it’s happening now after almost 4-5 years I think. I bought it used from a member here when we got our first stimulus check under the Covid issues.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Does the a/c blow directly on the keyboard, in particular the left front of the radio where those keys are?

My thought is that there may be an alignment issue or rubber stiffness between the keyboard and the contact(s) that gets closed.

NS9710

It doesn’t, I also don’t feel any stiffer than the others, and they all respond the same way, this is even more confusing the further that we go into it

Does the a/c blow directly on the keyboard, in particular the left front of the radio where those keys are?

My thought is that there may be an alignment issue or rubber stiffness between the keyboard and the contact(s) that gets closed.