BCD996T Mini-Review Part 1 of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uplink

Excellent review, thanks for all your time doing that. Good job Scott!!
Again, Uniden has brought scanners and the hobby to a whole new level.

:D:D:D

Mark

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
scancapecod said:
Audio cont'd...

Bottom line: Despite the fact that it's not as loud as the 2096, two thumbs up for the audio quality, both analog and digital.

My Necessity to tweak AGC settings - Again, maybe it's just me, but mine sounds better after doing so. I'm very glad that I can, but the 2096 didn't need tweaking out of the box. Those of us that visit RR can figure out how to do this and make it sound better, but how about the folks that are buying them that DON'T visit this site...I mean there must be one or two, right? :)

Thanks for the review Scott.

I agree that the BCD396T/BCD996T AGC has to be adjusted to equal the PRO-96/PRO-2096 APCO-25 digital audio, but at least we have the ability to do so when each APCO-25 system has a little different audio settings (conventional or trunked). The 96/2096 has only two options, AGC on, or off. I still get digital noise or dropouts on the 2096 that I do not with the BCD396T. Don't forget too that the 96/2096 does not have an analog AGC. IMHO, if you want better you have to buy a professional radio at near or above the killobuck to better the audio quality of the currently available digital scanners.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Nice review! :D

You might consider making a Wiki for it, then link to it from the main 996 Wiki.

trunker0205

What a great review and something I can understand.I have only had the scanner 1 day and it is now my favorite...Im kind of a nut I own

BCD996T
BC-780XLT
BC-895XLT
PRO-2042
PRO-2006
Sony Wave Hawk Hand held..

Status
Not open for further replies.