Collier/Miami/Dade

Status
Not open for further replies.

107pilot

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Location
FL
Curious, if any anyone in Collier County can pickup or monitor anything from Miami-Dade Counties trunked systems?
Thanks.
 

107pilot

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Location
FL
On the Collier County System P25p2 I am easily picking up a talkgroup 113 miles away, loud and clear. I figured if that is the case, this graphic you posted is within the area Collier P25 talk-group that I am currently monitoring.
 

Enforcer52

Voice Of The Piney Woods
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
1,579
Reaction score
1,491
Location
Lake Livingston, TX
The only way to see is to program in the Miami-Dade towers and see if you pick them up locally.

I often hear traffic from over 100 miles away when a unit affiliates with local towers, but they are not consistent in being received on a regular basis, and usually only last a little while till the towers dis-affiliate with each other.
 

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
2,631
Reaction score
624
Location
South FL
On the Collier County System P25p2 I am easily picking up a talkgroup 113 miles away, loud and clear. I figured if that is the case, this graphic you posted is within the area Collier P25 talk-group that I am currently monitoring.

Collier County does not use NPSPAC 800 frequencies and is not required to limit their signal footprint outside of the County, so they will be heard much further than Miami-Dade that does use NPSPAC 800 frequencies and are required to limit the amount of signal that extends outside of their county jurisdiction.

I doubt the OP will hear Miami-Dade at all from Bonita Springs, and if he does, it will be on a very good RF Day with a properly designed and installed outdoor antenna system. He has a better chance of hearing MDCFR on conventional UHF.
 

sflmonitor

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
824
Reaction score
136
Location
South Florida
Something else to keep in mind is that the westernmost site that is being referenced in the diagram above is located at the Miccosukee village and generally only carries traffic on the tribe’s talkgroups and one of MDSO’s districts , Hammocks IIRC. My experience has been that this particular site can be monitored roughly as far west as Carnstown on Tamiami Trail. This is using an SDS100 with an external 7/800 MHz antenna. As for the Miami-Dade sites that carry public safety traffic (site 102), the best coverage to the west has been on Tamiami Trail just before the Miccosukee tribe. In contrast, I have monitored the Collier P25 from south Dade while on the turnpike.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top