SDS100/SDS200: Color Code ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 Scanner
When I am searching for digital frequencies the color codes are wrong, the scanner shows 1 when it should be 10 and if the color code is 18 it shows 8, is any one else seeing this
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Color codes only go from 0-15. If you have a document that says 18, it's wrong, and the scanner is correct.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I check RR data base, I check my frequency list, I run DSD+ on it, I see what is coming up on the scanner and some are wrong.
Steve

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
More likely you have two different entities using the same frequency with different color codes. All the testing I've done indicates the scanner CC display is accurate.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
More likely you have two different entities using the same frequency with different color codes. All the testing I've done indicates the scanner CC display is accurate.
I'll have to keep an eye on this and save the audio and see if there is more then one entity on these frequencies thanks for the information.
Steve

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

That was my thought as well. Color Codes seem to always be properly decoded.

Ubbe

When I am searching for digital frequencies the color codes are wrong...
It's the same problem with my 536. If the signal are not fully saturated with absolutly no background noise it will false decode both color code and TG's. I never filter the frequencies on color code and always use ID Search as it will skip conversation too often if it thinks it is the wrong code. Seems to be worse with Hytera systems.

If people use a fixed color code for the frequencies and only do ID Scan and never do searches they'll never realize that there's a problem, if they don't scan the same system and TG's using another scanner.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.