Colorado Air Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrunnermedic

I realize that this is a perennial topic that has been covered countless times, but I was hoping to get the board's input on the creation of an up to date scan list for all the Air Medical services in Colorado. I've combed through the DB, wiki, and the countless ancient threads in the archives to try to synthesize info and distill it into one comprehensive list. So far this is what I've come up with, perhaps some of the more seasoned experts here can help me clean it up and add services, frequencies, and info that's missing?

Flight for Life:
130.150 AM - Helo Operations Denver
155.355 CSQ - Helo Operations Colorado Springs
463.175 PL136.5 - "MED 8" CCT Operations Denver (not sure if sill in use?)
462.975 PL136.5 - "MED10" Denver/Frisco Operations (CCT's & ER Patching)
DTRS 2808 - "AIRMED 800" Statewide Flight Following talkgroup
DTRS 81 - "SAC ER" CCT Operations & ER talkgroup

Air Life Denver:
129.275 AM - Helo Operations Denver
123.075 AM - Helo Operations Denver (old frequency?)
129.550 AM - Helo Operations Colorado Springs
462.950 PL141.3 - "MED 9" CCT Operations Denver/ER Patching

Northern Colorado Medevac:
463.050 PL110.9 - "MED 3" Flight Following & NCMC ER Channel
DTRS 2810 - Flight Following talkgroup
DTRS 1917 - old Air Life Greeley TG (not sure if in use?)
DTRS 1918 - old Air Life Greeley "RUN-1" TG (not sure if in use?)
122.800 AM - Comms to Greeley Airport

Memorial Star:
152.750 D115 - Helo Operations

St. Mary's CareFlight Grand Junction:
122.700 AM - Primary/Pad
123.025 AM - Secondary/Air to Air/Air to Ground
155.340 CSQ - Paging
463.175 PL141.3 - "MED 8" St. Mary's Hospital ER

Tri-State CareFlight (Eagle/Vail & Durango):
?

Other:
DTRS 3996 - "AIR NET" Console to Console TG for Air Medical Services & PSAP's (so far I've only ever heard this used between Air Life Denver and ADCOM)
123.025 AM - Metro Denver Air to Air (not sure what these are really called)
123.050 AM - Metro Denver Air to Air

Thanks for any help! Perhaps after this list gets cleaned up I can work on synthesising it into the wiki also.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It's a mess, thanks for starting this thread.

1. I have not heard ER patching on Med-8, 9 or 10 for years.
2. Tri-State also has a ship based at the hospital in Montrose.
3. Don't forget FERN seems to be used as an LZ freq for many services and NLEC at least in the Mtns is used for flight following.
4. How about the new service at MCR in Loveland as well.
5. 155.340 "HEAR" is used to track FFL in Summit County at least.

Jim<

04Z1V6

Jim, are you referring to helo too hospital patches for med Reports or just ER direct? I hear med reports from the helo's to hospitals all the time on med-9 and 10.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sorry was referring to amb to hospital med reports, maybe a little off-topic for this thread.

Jim<

rdrunnermedic

Awesome, thanks for the info everyone. I've got the wiki article typed up, I just have to clean up the formatting and have my username changed so I can post it. Hopefully you all will find it useful. It took a lot more work than I was anticipating and is pretty chock full of air medical info.

As with any wiki article, once it is posted it is completely open for editing so please feel free to jump in and make updates and corrections if there's anything wrong. I am hoping that using the wiki to keep track of the Air Medical frequencies will provide a nice flexible platform that can adapt quickly as things change.

It's a mess, thanks for starting this thread.

1. I have not heard ER patching on Med-8, 9 or 10 for years.
2. Tri-State also has a ship based at the hospital in Montrose.
3. Don't forget FERN seems to be used as an LZ freq for many services and NLEC at least in the Mtns is used for flight following.
4. How about the new service at MCR in Loveland as well.
5. 155.340 "HEAR" is used to track FFL in Summit County at least.

Jim<

Thanks for the list of info here, Jim. Do the helos still do med reports on MED 9 and MED 10? I know I was still hearing them a couple of months ago, but perhaps with all the DTRS shenanigans they've fallen out of favor?

Is MED 8 still used by the FFL CCT's? I've been hearing "Terra 2" on DTRS 81 for the most part recently, although I have caught them using MED 10 on occasion, but I haven't heard any CCT's on MED 8 at all. Should it be removed from the list?

Edited to ask: Does anybody know anything about this licence is: WPPC571 CONSOLIDATED MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS. It looks like it's related to Flight for Life maybe but I've never heard of it and a google search turns up nothing.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the list of info here, Jim. Do the helos still do med reports on MED 9 and MED 10? I know I was still hearing them a couple of months ago, but perhaps with all the DTRS shenanigans they've fallen out of favor?

Yes they do

Is MED 8 still used by the FFL CCT's? I've been hearing "Terra 2" on DTRS 81 for the most part recently, although I have caught them using MED 10 on occasion, but I haven't heard any CCT's on MED 8 at all. Should it be removed from the list?

Believe Med-8 should be removed have not heard Terra-1, 2, 3, 4, 5 there for years.

Edited to ask: Does anybody know anything about this licence is: WPPC571 CONSOLIDATED MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS. It looks like it's related to Flight for Life maybe but I've never heard of it and a google search turns up nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yes that's St A's comm center.

Jim<

rdrunnermedic

Alright, I dropped MED 8 since its no longer in use. I'll keep that Consolidated Medical Communications licence in my back pocket for the time being since I have no info on its use other than seeing that licence.

Here is the completed article. Feedback, updates, changes, ect. are most definitely welcome! If you make any changes to the wiki article, please try to keep the formatting neat, but don't worry if things get messed up since I'll check back later and fix any coding errors.

Thanks again everyone, hopefully the new article helps.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I posted this in a diffrent thread but if someone can update all this in the WIKI alomg with the list and map as follows I found an intresting link here of med assets for the entire region starting on page 76 Map on page 82

google below

gacc.nifc.gov/rmcc/logistics/aviation/avmgmnt_safety_plan.pdf

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I posted this in a diffrent thread but if someone can update all this in the WIKI alomg with the list and map as follows I found an intresting link here of med assets for the entire region starting on page 76 Map on page 82

google below

Relatively accurate but does not list L/G 3, 4 or 5, the new service in Loveland or TriState in Eagle County and St Marys Careflight is using a B3 now not the 412 any longer.

Jim<

rdrunnermedic

google below

Save for the map, it looks like we've got all that info in the wiki. I'm not too keen on that map as its a bit confusing, but I'll see what I can do about getting it out of that PDF.

Moosemedic

Way off

It's actually kind of spooky how inaccurate this resource posting is. For a "plan" you'd think it would have much better information, considering that someone spent unlimited taxpayers dollars to produce this ***document.

For example, they're missing about half of the Air ambulances in the state. The one's they do show, even that information is just wrong.

I have yet to have seen the airport in Frisco that the listed Fixed Wing would use. Sarcasm font > The feds lost and entire Airport? <

Just based on that, I'd question the validity of the rest of this plan.

kc0kp

There is a qualification on the bottom of the air ambulance list that states they have night vision for air operations. Perhaps the unlisted aircraft do not? Frisco does not have an airport but they do have a fixed wing air resource as a member of the Flight for Life group. The list does not state that there is an aircraft there. There are no fixed wing aircraft at St Anthony Central either.
I had this air ops manual at the fire I was at last year. It is now a year old. I am sure it will be amended for this year.

rfburns

For example, they're missing about half of the Air ambulances in the state.
If anyone is aware of a helicopter ambulance service with night vision that is not listed, why not call Kent Hamilton and give him the info. His phone number is listed multiple times in the plan. This is last year's plan written well over 12 months ago so that explains why the more recent changes are not in it.

I can't find the part about a fixed wing aircraft being at Frisco. What page is that on?

Moosemedic

Fixed wing error

Page 79:

Denver North St. Anthony’s 1-800-332-3123 Fixed-wing 39 44.58 105 02.46
Frisco Summit Medical 1-800-332-3123 Fixed-wing
Centennial Mayo Aviation (Flight for Life) 1-800-332-3123 Fixed-wing
Centennial International Jet (Airlife) 1‐877‐2 GET AIRLIFE (1‐877‐243‐8247) Fixed-wing

Fixed wing aircraft at Centennial Airport (KAPA) I'll agree with.

There are no FW facilities at the coordinates listed, and no airport in Frisco. Not being TOO picky, but the GPS coordiates given for St A's NORTH are actually in China. If you amend them to N 39 44.58, W 105 02.46 you'll find Holy Tony's By the Sea (the OLD hospital that's been closed and only had a helipad).

The NEW St. Anthony Hospital is at N 39 42.986 W 105 7.705 for the transient helipad, as there are two parking spaces, (the westernmost one for parking LG1) and the ground pad if the elevator is out, or there end up being 3 helicopters on the ground. But again, NO FIXED WING there either.

If they are going to talk about Fixed Wing, and list them as a separate resource from rotor, at least get it right. And they need to add
CareFlight at Grand Junction, TriState CareFlight at Durango, which is hangered right next to LifeGuard 5 (same crew as RW, just different aircraft) LG 5 is the new Centura base for Mercy Hospital in Durango, and of course there's Eagle Air Med in Alamosa.

RW that is missing includes the Rock Springs Wyoming ship (if it's been repaired) Classic Lifeguards' Vernal Utah base, LifeGuard 3 in Colorado Springs, LG4 in Pueblo and CF 15 in Taos. All of those are close enough to Colorado's borders to be a viable resource. And LG3 & 4 have been around long enough to have been in a plan > 5 years old.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
The doc is dated March, 2011, so having the new St. Anthony's location in there at that point wouldn't have been useful...not sure how many other changes highlighted here have been made since then though.

rfburns

Document was published 2-9-2011. The briefing paper was written a month later. I don't believe Appendix 16 was updated at all in 2011 which sure makes you wonder why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.