CoMIRS question

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Back to the original question, you can hear CoMIRS digital on the whole length of I-91. Wilbraham (site 1.27) covers well up to about where I-91 starts to carve into the mountains in Holyoke, then the North Simulcast will come in. Also the South Simulcast also covers a large part of the same area. I suspect you have a programming issue as well. As @cg said, the system is TDMA (Phase II) capable, and there are a bunch of Phase II talkgroups being used in the Worcester area, but Western Mass remains all Phase I. When CoMIRS gets finished being built out, the large "area wide" talkgroups are going to be broken down further to more regional ones. The last document I saw had more B-PTL groups listed. (Over B-PTL-1,2,3.)

stormycat

Just a little update.. I originally imported direct from RR into my BCD396XT and it would not work. after reading the comments in this thread I manually input 853.900 into the scanner and it worked pretty well. Im not sure why the import from the data base won’t work. I’m also trying to figure out why my unacation will not pick up this system. if anyone has any experience with that please let me know.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I hear the CoMIRS system with no issue in Hampden, Hampshire and Berkshire counties. I have not ventured up to Franklin County in a while. I monitor it on a Unication G5 and SDS100 on my way out to the Canadian part of New York.