Completed Listening Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

Great setup, I salivate whenever I see rack-mounted equipment. Might have to break down and get myself a little Christmas present this year and combine the 3 B/M scanners sitting on top of ye old slant face desk with one of those! Great job.

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
Great setup, I salivate whenever I see rack-mounted equipment. Might have to break down and get myself a little Christmas present this year and combine the 3 B/M scanners sitting on top of ye old slant face desk with one of those! Great job.

Thank you! It was time for me to organize what I had; they were originally stacked on top of each other.

K4EET

Chaplain
<snip> It looks like I'll be adding another radio soon! I applied for my GMRS license on yesterday afternoon, and I was granted a call sign (WRCN926) twenty-six minutes after midnight. <snip>

Well, of course, the next logical step will be a 100 watt HF transceiver and a 5 watt VHF/UHF handi-talkie (HT) for the ham bands and an Amateur Radio license to go along with the two... :wink:

73 (best wishes in ham lingo), Dave K4EET

Last edited:

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
Well, of course, the next logical step will be a 100 watt HF transceiver and a 5 watt VHF/UHF handi-talkie (HT) for the ham bands and an Amateur Radio license to go along with the two... :wink:

73 (best wishes in ham lingo), Dave K4EET

You know what...I've been thinking about getting one! I just wanted to work my up and get a good feel for it. I have to locate a club to join and find some study material to prepare for the exam.

I've learned so much as far as giving one's call sign every ten or fifteen minutes during a conversation, what brand of radios to use, and what type of antenna to use when I monitor the local ham frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.