Concord Security (Edmonton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labtex

Bonnie Doon Mall (very near by ) has security (Concord) and I have not been able to determine what freq they use . I have done a few searches in the graphical TAFL for the local area and Canada wide but I have not been able to determine what they are using in Edmonton. My best guess so far is that they are on one of the many new trunked DMR systems. I also tried to email Concord security directly ( guess how well that went over lol....).

Does any one here know what system they are on ? Have some tips for finding out hard to find freq in general besides looking up on the TAFL?

Jammin_Jay

Did you try performing a close call, frequency search. Close to the mall.
It's possible it's on A DMR trunking group. You would have to get the Talkgroup for the security, colour code, and either slot 1 or 2.
If it was tier 2 DMR it would be easier, but Teir 3,

Last edited:

Jammin_Jay

Did you try performing a close call, frequency search. Close to the mall.
It's possible it's on A DMR trunking group. You would have to get the Talkgroup for the security, colour code, and either slot 1 or 2.
If it was tier 2 DMR it would be easier, but Teir 3,

You could also configure and SDR as a spectrum analyzer and get peek signal strength spikes, when transmissions occur on DMR.

Close call won't capture correctly below 30ms time limit.
Good luck in your search.

You may have to be parked by the mall to do this.

Labtex

my only scanner with close call is a BCT15X , I do not have vehicle at the moment. I am using RTL dongles for my DMR / nexedge and future p25 scanning . I have a cheap freq counter ( from a cheap Chinese site ) but it typically only will work if im pretty much under 30cm from the radio transmitting . I did try to scan and watch for spikes with a RTL dongle while on my laptop while in the food court but honestly I could not stay for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.