*Confirmed* Halton going Digital in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Every time I check Kris, all I get is the control channels for each site, never any talkgroups. I have noted on the HomePatrol that there are two band plans with 6.25 kHz spacing.

I've made a Wiki entry for this system with some info: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Halton_Region_(Project_25))

Eric, believe it or not I can pull in the CC easily for the north site in Downsview (higher ground) and the south site down by Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke. At home in Rexdale, not so good.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Every time I check Kris, all I get is the control channels for each site, never any talkgroups. I have noted on the HomePatrol that there are two band plans with 6.25 kHz spacing.

I've made a Wiki entry for this system with some info: Halton Region (Project 25) - The RadioReference Wiki)

Eric, believe it or not I can pull in the CC easily for the north site in Downsview (higher ground) and the south site down by Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke. At home in Rexdale, not so good.

I get it but its noisy.
On my HP it says Site:South
System ID 0444H-001 site 001
WACN BEE00 NAC441

EJB

20 + year membership
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Mike C: I see that the new Halton system has been added to the DB. I created a system for the south zone in my HP.

Since it was added on the 30th I guess I have to wait for this coming week to have it to load into my Home Patrol.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It was released to the general database on January 2nd of this year by myself so it would have been downloadable by the HP-1 at that time *if it had any talk groups*.

Until it does have some talk groups listed, Sentinel will continue to ignore it.

You'll have to add it in manually until than.

EJB

20 + year membership
It was released to the general database on January 2nd of this year by myself so it would have been downloadable by the HP-1 at that time *if it had any talk groups*.

Until it does have some talk groups listed, Sentinel will continue to ignore it.

You'll have to add it in manually until than.

No disrespect Steve but why?
There are many trunking systems in the DB here w/o talkgroups.
Secondly, there is a possible talkgroup in the wiki, tg # 15.

I would appreciate it being put in,

mciupa

Eric, you can always do what I did and create a favourite list for Halton P25 in the HomePatrol.

All you have to do is create that system and have it so it will monitor the Full Database and any favourite list that you want.

I am also doing this with the RCMP P25 system.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

No disrespect taken.

The problem is actually with Uniden not Radioreference.

Uniden does not pull systems from the database that don't have any talkgroups or have any unencrypted talkgroups.

Since the HomePatrol is for the newbie listener, there's no sense having systems showing up with nothing to listen to.

The new RCMP system doesn't show up since it doesn't have talkgroups.

If we did add some of the encrypted talkgroups and denoted them as encrypted, Uniden would still not pull the system from RR.

I wasn't aware of the talkgroup listed in Wiki. I just moved the system from the Staging database to the Normal database so people could start to contribute.

I can add it as Radio Testing and give it an appropriate Tag.

EJB

20 + year membership
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

MikeOxlong said:

No disrespect taken.

The problem is actually with Uniden not Radioreference.

Uniden does not pull systems from the database that don't have any talkgroups or have any unencrypted talkgroups.

Since the HomePatrol is for the newbie listener, there's no sense having systems showing up with nothing to listen to.

The new RCMP system doesn't show up since it doesn't have talkgroups.

If we did add some of the encrypted talkgroups and denoted them as encrypted, Uniden would still not pull the system from RR.

I wasn't aware of the talkgroup listed in Wiki. I just moved the system from the Staging database to the Normal database so people could start to contribute.

I can add it as Radio Testing and give it an appropriate Tag.

I appreciate your effort Steve. A year ago I asked one of you guys, Mike maybe or you to allow us to add in the encrypted t/g's for fleetnet for reasons I won't explain here, lol.

The Hp is a terrific scanner and the updates make it even better but I miss being easily able to discover new sytems like on my 396T.

Enjoy the day, hopefully the game tonight will be good.
I actually did make up a system for the new Halton south tower. I live close enough to hear the tower, I am guessing, the tower at Lakeshore in Burlington but my building faces W/SW and I have issues hearing this tower E/NE of me. Maybe P25 is harder for to pick up?

As I said, months ago I did build a system for the south but when I create one for the North the software is showing me that there are no frequencies to scan, check my range, avoids etc. I hopefully will figure it out and a friend of mine here told me to email it to him. Hopefully he can show me how to fix it.

I do have a c/c for Hamilton and would like to see the testing on this system also but, like what I built for Halton N, it won't work. :-(.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Mike maybe or you to allow us to add in the encrypted t/g's for fleetnet for reasons I won't explain here, lol.

There's no problem adding in encrypted talkgroups to the database at all.

The problem is that most encrypted talkgroups are unidentified and unidentified talkgroups cannot be added.

If you've got a good guess at who's hiding under the encryption, then by all means submit them and they will be added.

We can't add the new Hamilton system in because I don't believe anybody has mentioned a frequency for it yet.

If it really had been active for a few days as people have said, I think we would have had a control channel posted and hopefully a new system ID.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Intelligence system becomes the new system.

EJB

20 + year membership
There's no problem adding in encrypted talkgroups to the database at all.

The problem is that most encrypted talkgroups are unidentified and unidentified talkgroups cannot be added.

If you've got a good guess at who's hiding under the encryption, then by all means submit them and they will be added.

We can't add the new Hamilton system in because I don't believe anybody has mentioned a frequency for it yet.

If it really had been active for a few days as people have said, I think we would have had a control channel posted and hopefully a new system ID.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Intelligence system becomes the new system.

Ya, I asked when the HP came out to allow us to add the listed "E" talkgroups and such. Mike C or you IIRC got the ball rolling on that. I dont want to say the obvious for ehat system and talkgroups but at the beginning the HP/Radio reference DB wouldnt allow for any of the talkgroups that were listed as Enc to be added.

I had a control channel frequency for Hamiltons new system but misplaced it. If someone remembers it (I forgot who and where someone told me about it) place speak up ;-)

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Radioreference has never had a policy against the inclusion of encrypted talkgroups in the database and anything submitted has always been added as long as it's been identified.

However, when Uniden pulls the RR database to generate the HPDB, it does not pull any encrypted talkgroups.

That's Uniden's policy and you would have to take it up with them.

However, if you really want them, you could always add them with 3rd party software.

EJB

20 + year membership

MikeOxlong said:
Radioreference has never had a policy against the inclusion of encrypted talkgroups in the database and anything submitted has always been added as long as it's been identified.

However, when Uniden pulls the RR database to generate the HPDB, it does not pull any encrypted talkgroups.

That's Uniden's policy and you would have to take it up with them.

However, if you really want them, you could always add them with 3rd party software.

Ok. I know most of what you said but when I updated the database using in the Sentinel this weekend it showed that the DB was updated to 1/8/2012. Mike C put the info from the wiki in on the 30th of January.

So I guess I have to wait for the next DB update? Today maybe?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Probably.

That's a question for Uniden as RR has nothing to do with their database pulls.

Generally they'll pull the database on Sunday, massage it and than release it on Monday.

I know they were doing it manually for a while after the recent firmware updates.

I'm not sure if they're back to the automatic updates yet.

SCPD

QRT
halton new sys

any idea why somewhat put MOFFAT as a transmitting site for the new Halton system?

thanks funny

I've made a Wiki entry for this system with some info: Halton Region (Project 25) - The RadioReference Wiki)

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Isn't Moffat on Derry Road at the top of the escarpment?

That would make an excellent site for the new system.

Infinitig37x

I can say one tower is a 100% at Rebecca and bronte at the fire hall ther is a big stink over it in the local paper, the police chiefs excuse for it was something along the lines of 'ther radio system does not work in all of the region with too many dead spots' after many years of listing to them I can say yea that's true but I can and will say if it's a digital 25 system like the opp,s ther in for much of the same. I don't see it as being a better system its more of a system they can encrypt is what they want and are looking for. The system works fine to me as it is and a new one is a giant waste of tax payers cash yet again.
Oakville in particular is one big radar trap it's not like Compton lol

Just wait to they start keying over each other in digi what a crazy noise that will make in the dispatchers ear!

EJB

20 + year membership

Infinitig37x said:
I can say one tower is a 100% at Rebecca and bronte at the fire hall ther is a big stink over it in the local paper, the police chiefs excuse for it was something along the lines of 'ther radio system does not work in all of the region with too many dead spots' after many years of listing to them I can say yea that's true but I can and will say if it's a digital 25 system like the opp,s ther in for much of the same. I don't see it as being a better system its more of a system they can encrypt is what they want and are looking for. The system works fine to me as it is and a new one is a giant waste of tax payers cash yet again.
Oakville in particular is one big radar trap it's not like Compton lol

Just wait to they start keying over each other in digi what a crazy noise that will make in the dispatchers ear!

The mantra is officer safety. The asst chief of police, the person in charge of the new telecommunications system wants to have a radio system that is an improvement over the EDACS one in use now.

They also want to have their communications kept to themselves. They feel that by doing this they will be to operate in the way they wish.

Its their decision, and they are going to do what they want. Maybe if they are encrypted they will have in car repeaters broadcasting in the clear. Gotta keep tabs on the neighbourhood, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.