Confused! 150/450/800MHZ NMO Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsquared18

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting the LARSEN 150/450/800MHZ NMO ANT from hamradio.com but the description says "Cable and connector not included. Use with NMO style mount." Do I need to purchase the cable, connector and mount? I'm confused what it comes with vs. what I need extra. Can anyone provide a link as to what other items I need to make this work?

Ham Radio Outlet | LARSEN NMO150/450/800 | 150/450/800MHZ NMO ANT

prcguy

Just like the as says, you would need to purchase an appropriate NMO roof or trunk mount with coax.

If your patient these come up on Ebay all the time for much better prices, I have 3 or 4 and the most I paid was $15.
prcguy

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
All that you get is the actual mast! You will need to supply your own NMO mount- possibly a magnetic mount, trunk lip mount or drill a hole and set it up that way. It is a great antenna, you won't be sorry.

K

kb0nly

Just the antenna, thats all you get...

Have a look on ebay if your a user of that site. You will find them on there all the time, sometimes with a mount and coax included.

I bought mine off ebay, came with a nice larsen mount and coax, got it for about $25 shipped. They show up often, so if you cant find any right away keep looking as there is a few dealers on there that list some each month.

Great antenna, your making a great choice going with it!

n8stone

On this antenna LARSEN NMO-150/450/800 | 150/450/800MHZ NMO ANT which is the LARSEN
NMO-150/450/800 would this mast mount work? Laird Tech MBC800 - $24.95 : The Antenna Farm, Your two way radio source which is the Laird Tech MBC800 I am thinking about buying this over others based on price and what it covers. I need something that covers the 800's very well but also can handle the 150's and 460's. Do you think this might be a good match. I had a discone that did NOTHING in the 800's I was better off with the rubber ducky.

n8stone

Yes that setup will work. I have been considering the same myself. I have had good performance from both Larsen and Laird in the past.

Awesome to hear. Thank you for letting me know. I'll post in a few weeks how well it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.