• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Connecting Quantro

Status
Not open for further replies.

itji

Hi, all

If I have 3 site each have a set of 4 quantro, 1 control chennel and 3 voice channel, do I have to have a controller to connect these three sites or I can connect them only with T1?

thank for suggestions

Itji

RocketNJ

We would need more information to help you out. You mention each site has a control channel and 3 voice channels. Are these configured as Intellirepeater sites? If so then the official supported method would be to use SmartZone controllers to link the sites. Big $$$.

I'd suggest getting your local Motorola engineering team involved. They should be able to provide you with a quote to do the work.

al_harbi

yes you can connect via T1
if you need more information pls let us know
regards
Ghazi

Last edited:

itji

Thanks Ghaz, Rocket,
Yes, the quantro set as intelli repeater right now. and as you said if I using the local dealer the very hughe $$$$ ammount was delivered on the quotation, actually these sites was part of several sites before, but it was disconnected, and now we only have 3 of them, can you please send me the block diagram of the connection? yes, we have a T1 down here, is it connect through the astro modem only? or we need a server or some kind of controller to connect it all together? couse we allready had the astro modem with 9600kbps speed connected to the control channel quantro.

regards,

DY

Last edited:

RocketNJ

So you have three IR sites.

You'll need the following equipment to "properly" connect the sites together.

TeNSR channel bank at each site with 4 wire E&M cards, SRU cards, and WAN card. The analog audio connects to the 4 wire cards and the Astro audio connects to the SRU cards. This is assuming you have v.24 wireline boards in the stations. Also a serial 9600 baud connection is needed from one of the Quantars to the SRU card. A T1 circuit will be needed to go from the channel bank to your master site.

You will also need a SmartZone master site which will require an Embassy switch, at least one zone controller, user configuration server, and zone database server. It would require a network manager workstation also (to edit zone database and user database).

This would be the minimum equipment to connect the sites in a Motorola supported fashion. There is other equipment I've left out (routers, switches, ATR server, FullVision).

Last, your subscribers must be flashed and programmed for SmartZone operation. Depending on the size of the fleet this may be a huge undertaking.

I've left equipment off the list such as routers, switches, ATR, FullVision, MOSCAD. etc. The bottom line is this is a HUGE job and needs to be properly engineered.

Some people may have suggestions on alternate methods of connecting the IR sites but the proper way would allow seamless roaming between sites. I can't even guess at the price to do the above properly but I would think at least $1 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.