Control channels for Mishawaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

I uploaded all trunked control channels only in St. Joseph county and everything works great except for Mishawaka, the one city I really wanted to monitor. I can't seem to get any traffic in Mishawaka. Could the control channel be wrong? Im using a bcd396xt Thanks.

daggit

ok when I upload the mishawaka freqs and scan them all I see is Primary and the cc is 859.4375

daggit

thanks it looks like 858.4375 and 868.9875 are already under primary but when scanning just shows 859.4375 then flashes to nfm. Does that mean all three freqs are being scanned? Also just curious what is lcn? I see in freescan each freq has a lcn value. Finally though I live in Granger I wonde if this thing is just a distance problem. Thanks.

fire4456

Daggit LCN is for edacs systems only. The only active one is for AEP. Granger is not far from Mishawaka as its just on the outskirts. I have received them as far as 3 rivers before. Go and review all your channel numbers and remove the LCN tag. Send ghawkman a shout and see how he is setup. This should help some and try control channel mode only scanning. Also slide up to the uniden forum and browse it or post a question how to enter a p25 system. This site is a great resource and has very helpful people!

daggit

I uploaded the mishawaka system from rr into freescan and was just looking at the settings maybe I should manually put the system in. Actually I'm getting a very small amount of traffic but nothing like I should be getting . Can I ask how you have entered Mishawaka? Manually or through uploading to freescan through rr?

Ghawkman56

Daggit,
Although I have a GRE600, I started loading using the ARC500 software. Quite honestly, I was having so many issues, I programmed my radio manually. Actually, I learned more that way and using DUP functions, it wasnt that bad. With the control channels listed, you should be picking up a lot of traffric.

daggit

Thanks Ghawk I m ay enter the stuff manually soon. There is a big increase in traffic when I use ID search instead of ID scan. Not sure why exactly. I know id scan is just the freqs I entered in radio but I thought the control channels would pick up all trafficin ID scan but it seems Im missing out on alot of traffic when I just use ID scan.
Can I ask what kind of issues you were having?

Last edited:

usswood

If Im not mistaken, ID scan only scans the Talkgroup IDs you have stored in the scanner, ID search will display all talkgroups coming across the tower your scanning....So, ID scan will limit what you hear depending on what you have manually added to your scan list!

daggit

Yes your right usswood but if I just upload the control channels should't it pick up all traffic in ID scan?

usswood

no, not the control channels...you have to download all the talk groups for that system into the radio, then ID scan will pick everything listed in the database up....I have a PSR-500 and have a
"wildcard" talkgroup object in my scanlist to pick up anything 'New' that might come across that I don't have a tag in the radio for

daggit

Thanks, I think in my radio I can pick up new talkgroups and enter them right into the site Im scanning.

daggit

Ok I found the solution on fixing the problem with the Mishawaka Trunking system. I have a bcd396xt and I used the Optimizing P25 Performance function on the Mishawaka system and after a few minutes I started to receive traffic. I may use it on all my other systems to see if I can get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.