Cool Gadgets Traveling Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I travel a lot, and I fly with expensive bass guitars and I pay good money for armored flight cases to protect my instruments. I also travel with a scanner and a 2m HT and a handheld digital recorder and I am always on the lookout for good protective cases for my gadgets. I recently met up with a good friend of mine (and scanner enthusiast) and fellow musician in Austin TX and he was traveling with a very nice flight case for his radios. It's a small case fashioned as a flight case, black with silver hardware heavy on the corners - looked kind of like an Anvil road case. Made by a company called Vaultz and they are VERY affordable (under $20 w/free shipping at Amazon) ) and they are very roomy inside with Velcro strapping, mesh pockets, zippered pockets and padded compartments. Sturdy and compact and solid. It was love at first sight for me!

He emptied his out at my request so I could try it on for size - it held my TRX-1, and my Yaesu VX7R, and my Tascam DR-1 digital recorder, all antennas, cords, thumb drives, cigarette cord chargers with NO problem. I was so impressed I ordered one online that night and expect it at my door any day now. If anyone is curious or interested, here is the URL at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locki...e=UTF8&qid=1518222536&sr=8-32&keywords=vaultz

One of the best all-in-one carry cases for my radios that I have ever seen. Just big enough to fit inside my carry on day pack for that extra padded security and organization. Might be old news to some, but a recent score for me!

JD
kf4anc

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I like the box but I need one a little larger, probably about half-again as big. It looks good and appears to be pretty sturdy.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
KK4JUG, take a look at some of the other cases in their line. They do have some larger, a case for prescriptions meds if I remember, that could be customized with some cut foam for what you may need. Looks to be twice the size of the gadget case.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
KK4JUG, take a look at some of the other cases in their line. They do have some larger, a case for prescriptions meds if I remember, that could be customized with some cut foam for what you may need. Looks to be twice the size of the gadget case.

I did just that. They were having some "slowdown" problems with their site. I plan on going back today. There are some good possibilities there and the prices are pretty competitive.

pb_lonny

Very nice, much like this case of mine:
thegeekyradioenthusiast.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/make-up-scanner-case-december-2017.html

Status
Not open for further replies.