Copying data without the web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The introduction of national and amateur data into the database seems to have, at least in some cases, caused something of a disconnect between it and the web service, leaving folks wondering how to get to that data.

Apart from the 'paste special' function in BuTel's programs (which I think would work - feedback should go to the software forum on this topic), and FreeScan's EZ-Grab function, other programs seem to leave this problem hanging. This is particularly true of some of the older Win programs such as Win92, Win96 and Scan Control.

Many moons ago, this article was coded to address exactly this kind of situation...

Excel Copy/Paste Special to Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Obviously it could stand some updating for the newer programs out there such as Win500, PSREdit500, EZ-Scan and many others. But it does suggest a method to get this done.

best regards..Mike

DonS

As of the date of the above post, didn't many (if not most) of the available 3rd-party programs (those that support the web service at all) support version 9 of the web service, making the new nationwide data available?

I'm certain that the PSREdit and WinXX programs did.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Until version 2.10 came out for FreeScan, nope. There were a few other stragglers out there I don't know about, I'm sure. And this article is geared to those older programs that don't have web import capabilities such as Scan Control and versions of that horrible Scancat Lite...best regards...Mike

Last edited:

DonS

I can think of at least 8 other programs (from 3 authors) that supported it...

The three WinXX programs that use the RR web service supported version 9's nationwide frequencies on 28 Sep 2011. Note that this includes Win96, specifically called out above:
other programs seem to leave this problem hanging. This is particularly true of some of the older Win programs such as Win92, Win96

The four PSREdit programs (500, 310, 300, 100) supported it before that, on 22 Sep 2011.

On 16 Oct, ProScan had been supporting it for "a few days".

(True, the Wiki instructions are still applicable to programs that never supported any version of the web service, such as Win92, as well as the few stragglers that don't yet support version 9.)

EDIT: When you wrote
Obviously it could stand some updating for the newer programs out there such as Win500, PSREdit500
those two programs already supported v9's nationwide frequencies, so no updating was required for them.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks for pointing it out - this is an old article and undoubtedly needs a little cleanup which you can do yourself (hint hint)...

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

DonS

The Wiki article is likely accurate, as far as copy/paste from the RR web pages to 3rd-party software is concerned. My worry was with the content of this thread - I feared that a novice might read the first post and erroneously conclude that, as of 16 October 2011, Win96, Win500, and PSREdit500 didn't support the nationwide frequencies introduced in web service version 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.